The Glorious Burden is finished

Now that something has fucked up I will shorten this...

Red Baron = Jugulator

I honestly had higher hopes than Maiden guitars with Priest vocals. Not that thats bad, if it happened 20 years ago.
I had doubts about the album and it looks like it will sound much like I expected.
From what I've heard Iced Earth as I knew them are dead. Too bad. I liked that Iced Earth. If Tim is going to be a permanent fixture in the band I cant see myself liking them as much. I know all this is negative but its all I can say right now. I'll have to hear the cd and hope the other songs bring out soemthing better for me. I hope there isnt a half hour song with Tim going on about Gettysburg honestly.

Hope Matt decides he likes singing better.

One more note. Reckonging has a good guitar riff despite sounding like Damien. Extremely cheesy lyrics on these songs tho :(
Sorry but I had such high hopes for this cd.

Those choruses are embarrassing :cry: Some great vocal and guitar work, but I dont like any of the clips... Hopefully the rest of the album will be better!

You know, I'm listening to Hollow Man, and I can't help but think about how much more emotion Matt would have put into this song. I was hoping that it wouldn't be Ripper, and it turns out to be him. Damn. The music is good, and definitely better than Horror Show, but the vocals just lack what they used to have. But again, maybe it will grow on me, I don't know, but I can't even begin to imagine Ripper singing A Question of Heaven.

At first, I kind of dug it. After listening to it a few times, I've changed my mind. I can't help but think what Matt would've sounded like singing these songs. Ripper's vocals get on my nerves really fast.

And I'm totally with you on him singing A Question of Heaven.. it better never happen.

I've always liked Tim. I thought his voice kicked the shit out of Halford. *ducks* I do need to hear these tunes though before I make a decision. I will try not to let the 'matt's gone so it's gonna suck' thing though. Although that's always hard to do.

FrostGiant said:
I thought his voice kicked the shit out of Halford. *ducks*

Haha, not quite. I think he kills Barlow though. Barlow had that "uh" problem, as in "He always-uh, put another syllable-uh, after each verse-uh." But I've always liked Halford, so it makes sense I'd prefer someone like Halford over someone like Barlow.

As far as that "Red Baron = Jugulator" comment, umm, what copy of Jugulator did you get? My version of that song sounds nothing like Red Baron.

Besides, Jugulator kicks ass so who cares if it did sound like it. All of metal borrows from one another, there's nothing new under the sun anymore. Just different takes on the same ideas.