The Glorious Burden

What do you think of the Glorious Burden

• Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Best ever!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • It rocks just like a good Iced Earth album should.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • It's cool, but not what I expected.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • It sucks ass...all that time for this?

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
Maybe this has been beaten to death in other places, but does anybody have any lucid viewpoints regarding Iced Earth's latest release?

Just curious about the opinions from metal's most enlightened board...

OK 1st time I listened to it...very dissapointed bc I just expected to hear Matt even though I knew it wasnt him
2nd time I gave it a chance It still didnt seem like the Iced Earth I wanted it too
But the 3rd time I listened to it I finally got over the fact that Barlow was gone and listened to it for what it is I FUCKING LOVE IT...very powerful songs and I love the theme BAD ASS very emotional album Schaffer really out did himself you can just tell he loves this stuff and put a lot of time into it and I can respect that NOW Im really excited to see them live with Owens

I've had the opposite reaction, because on my first listen, Owens fit the music so much better than I was expecting him to that I absolutley loved it, and on repeated listens, more and more parts that Matt Barlowe could probably have made sound better have been noticed. I still really like it though. I loved Ripper's live performance on the Demolition tour and it's nice to hear such a good voice with much better music behind it than those two Priest albums...Ryan

It took me a few listens, but I am enjoying it. The Gettysburg trilogy is simply amazing! I find myself listen to those 3 songs the most out of the CD.

I'm also partial to Greenface and Red Baron/Blue Max (or is it Blue Max/Red Baron?).