The GMD Classifieds Thread

They way I do it usually when I sell cds is that I have a price for each cd...and then I calculate the price it would cost to ship with or without cases depending on the amout of cd someone wants. Then the person decides what he want to do. If I sell a cd 5$ the price I mention never includes shipping to begin with.

A cd with cases usually weigh about 100 grams (more/less depending on the inserts), so for 6$ you would be able to ship at least 4 cd with cases...and probably around 10 without. That sounds pretty reasonable.

Surely you can fit several CDs into a 0.5kg package. I don't see what the problem is.
:lol:

Grant, seriously, man, I don't know what to say; maybe I misunderstood what they told me at the post office. What I got was that each item costs 6$ to ship even if it's included in the same package. So a 0,5 package with 5 items in it will cost 30$. But that's just insane, right?
Anyway, I wasn't able to clarify that, because some guy who had been waiting in line before me came into the post office(he probably waited outside) and started a whole riot over the fact that I managed to get in front of him. He was so vocal and uncompromising that I decided to retreat. And they were closing after that.:erk:

But anyway, this can't be right? So the shipping cost is per package, or is it per item in each package?

:lol:

Grant, seriously, man, I don't know what to say; maybe I misunderstood what they told me at the post office. What I got was that each item costs 6$ to ship even if it's included in the same package. So a 0,5 package with 5 items in it will cost 30$. But that's just insane, right?
Anyway, I wasn't able to clarify that, because some guy who had been waiting in line before me came into the post office(he probably waited outside) and started a whole riot over the fact that I managed to get in front of him. He was so vocal and uncompromising that I decided to retreat. And they were closing after that.:erk:

But anyway, this can't be right? So the shipping cost is per package, or is it per item in each package?

I've never seen or heard any places charging for the amount of things inside a package instead of going by size and weight...

No, but I'm paying the shipping fee at the post office while I arrange the package, no?
Anyway, it must've been a misunderstanding on my part.

I'll start sending albums tomorrow to all interested parties. Just give me your addresses first.
All items are worth 5$.

Yeah there's no fucking way they would charge a separate fee for each discrete quantity of mass that is contained in your package. That makes literally no sense whatsoever. Maybe that's what the guy at the post office told you, but he could have either misspoken or been an idiot.

PMing my address.

If you knew about the quality of the customer service here, this wouldn't surprise you at all. Most people who are hired for these jobs don't even have a high-school diploma.A bunch of lazy, unmotivated slobs, one and all

Let's see if you all bite this time:

Amorphis - Tales From The Thousand Lakes/Black Winter Day - 5
Beyond Fear - S/T (Nobody fucking wants this apparently, so 2 bucks?)
Comecon - Converging Conspiracies (Hole punch)
Candlemass - Nightfall (2 disc bonus edition) - 7
Candlemass - Tales of Creation (2 disc bonus edition) - 7
Kreator - Terrible Certainty - 7
Kreator - Extreme Aggression - 7
Kreator - Enemy of God - 7
Kreator - Endless Pain - 7
Kreator - Hordes of Chaos - 7
Sadus - A Vision of Misery (digi) - 8
Realm - Endless War (digi) - 8
Voivod - Dimension Hatross - 6
Voivod - Killing Technology - 6
Unleashed - Shadows In The Deep/Across the Open Sea (one disc) - 5
Faith No More - King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime - 4
Sepultura - Arise (bonus) - 6
October Tide - Grey Dawn - 6
Motorhead - 1916 - 5
Leviathan/Saphthuran split - 6
Van Halen - II - 4

All the old school Kreators have bonus tracks attached. The Realm and Sadus are Metal Mind reissues and are numbered. Make me an offer on the Comecon

All prices include shipping. Paypal only and US only. No exceptions unless you're willing to trade or give me a really good deal.

If you'd like it sent UPS and would not like to deal with it possibly getting lost in the USPS clusterfuck, let me know and I'll adjust the price accordingly.

If you would rather trade, just reply here telling me what you'd like to trade and what you would give me in return.

I'll take Sadus -a vision of misery if you want to do some kind of trade.

5$(sans the shipping fee).

Btw, guys, I've sent all requested albums today. It could take up to 10 days for delivery, so be patient.
I'll PM you later on with regards to how much you owe me in total, including shipping.