The Grand Conjuration REVIEW (album version)

4Li3N said:
Exactly! Deliverance has 4-5 very different parts (depends on how you count them) plus the ending riff. TGC is pretty repetitive and most definitely lacks the variations displayed in deliverance. I really hope that it's because of the mood it wants to convey and that the rest of the album will be much more inspired.
TGC is certainly not the worst Opeth's song ever, but for such a band it's really disappointing.
That's probably why I was having a bit of trouble getting into TGC, but after a few listens I'm able to enjoy the song. I agree, it was a bit disappointing at first but it's definitely not a bad song.

I agree with whats-his-face...vocals are mixed a little too high..and the quality is hardly any better than the siruis one...or maybe its lowered for me to stream cuz I have dial up...anyways im dissapointed kinda.

For me personally, every piece of music or body of work by a band that has had a real effect on me has taken many listens and sometimes a few weeks to really sink in and get to the point of, "Holy Åkerfeldt! This is the shit!!".... I expect the same will be hold true in the case of TGC and GR overall.

Out.:devil:

TehLeperAffinity said:
Still Life, my favorite album, took at least a week for me to think it was anything more than mediocre.

i agree, for a long time i thought that it was by far the worst opeth album. now, its my favorite album of all time.

TGC song sucks.

It very very easy...just put on Orchid or My arms....

Opeth has changed...and not for the better. They sound like NU metal.

I hope the rest of the album doesn`t sound like TGC.

...and the keyboards sucks.

/Sceptic and Honest

Where else can I download this song?? I tried joining roadrunners stupid listening lounge but the link to confirm my registration ain't working & it won't let me register again!!!! grrrrr.....

Deadlift said:
TGC song sucks.

They sound like NU metal.

fair enough its not their best, i don't like it heaps either, but calling them nu-metal, fucking hell that shits me hard, there are zero elements of nu shittery in TGC, get a fucking life and start making comments that people can at least respect. just say that you don't like the song.. no one will mind.. saying this is nu, fuck thats a lame over used term