The Great Cold Distance Review

I'm sure that this album is gonna be great... I haven't heard anything from the new album except ''my twin''... I think that reviewing an album is a waste of time... Reviews sometimes are helpful and sometimes not. For example the new album of Paradise Lost is a big disappointment for many fans for many reasons, the major is that they have changed their sound as you already know, including the last 3 albums or so. But for me it's a great album... Everyone has its own oppinion and it could be completely deifferent from the others.

There are a lot of heavy effects on the vocals and guitars on both VE and the new one, but that's part of the whole muiscal concept that is katatonia 3.0, and I have to say I freakin love it, it's skillfully done.

I never wanted to say anything about the cd but my god that pig fellow is way off the mark.

my first impression was this isn't very good, a few listns later its become the best cd for from them. Far better then VE in every area. There is vocal effects but its done to make the thing sound so damm good, not to impove his voice. As someone above said its done tastfully and artisticly.

Any great album needs to be listened to at least a few times to be appreciated. I've learned not to place much value on my first impression of an album, because most of my favorites are the ones that i actually disliked at first, and did not like until I heard it 5 or 10 times. And a lot of cds I liked on first listen, I soon realized were shallow and didn't have a lot to come back to. I'm usually the most intrigued by albums that don't appeal to me at first. Once you find out what's going on, you've expanded your musical horizons.

No one should get worked up over this guy's opinion. Mentioning cradle of filth pretty much nullifies any point you try to make on music. :tickled: