The Great Cold Distance

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
I figure you must have heard this, Dave, and I know you're a fan of the band!

So what do you, and of course everyone else, think?

I'd say its my favourite of theirs since Discouraged Ones, and their heaviest and most consistent since Brave Murder Day. Something about it just sounds more complete than the last few, and its totally kicking my ass way more than I expected!

Dave doesn't like you dude, and neither do I. :lol:

Nah, I like the new Katatonia a whole lot. It's arguably their best since Brave Murder Day, though all their albums are strong. I'm not sure how I'd rank them.

I dig it. In fact, I rocked the new Katatonia in the car on the way to work this morning! IMO, it's not one of those albums that clicks right away, but after a few good listens you start to discover all the detail in the new songs and realise how much work those guys put into this album. The band has really developped a tightness within the rythym section, even more so since "Viva Emptyness". The stop-starts, fills and other musical 'treats' that spice the songs are realy nice!

+ Daniel Liljekvist is a madman on the drums! This guy is absolutely awesome!
++ Those guys still rock 'old' BOSS GT-3 Guitar Effects Processors and they sound just as huge as most brand new state of the art gear that comes out every year.

I hope to see them come to Toronto to support this one! I wouldn't miss it! :)