The Great Neverboard PIZZA Challenge

I'm awaiting your bacon pizza
emot-colbert.gif
No shit.

Show us how it's done, Vikk.

I realized that I need to buy a Pizza stone or pan or what-ever you call it in order to make this goodness...
I thought I had one, but I guess I was wrong.

My mom told me a "stone" is not expensive and you can leave it in the oven even when you don't use it because it radiates heat better..
I think I'll go this week and get one, and then .... make some pizzas and breads!!! :D

I've always wanted to try my fortune at making breads and pizza dough... I shall whenever I can find my awesome cook book.

I realized that I need to buy a Pizza stone or pan or what-ever you call it in order to make this goodness...

My mom told me a "stone" is not expensive and you can leave it in the oven even when you don't use it because it radiates heat better..
I think I'll go this week and get one, and then .... make some pizzas and breads!!! :D

stones: they do, but I noticed pretty much all the ones I see around for sale these days are not that great of quality, I've heard plenty of stories of them cracking after a few uses. If you use a stone though, be sure to let it preheat for quite a long while in the oven (~1 hr) or you're not really using it effectively. Also you will need some method of transferring the dough to the hot stone (e.g., a peel) and for some crazy reason I can't find peels in ANY stores nowadays, how are these people using the stones they buy?! I HAVE NO IDEA.

But the pizza screen I got is perfect, it works ALMOST as well as a stone. I just had to track down a restaurant supply store in order to find it. I just realize now that I have to season it before my next use or the dough will keep sticking.

In a pinch you can just use a perforated pizza pan or solid pizza pan but they are not worth using more than you have to for a number of reasons

Oh yeah! Alton Brown said something about the pizza stone on Good Eats! Evens out the heat! I need one for this shitty oven. :erk:

Had a seafood pizza friday night, shrimp,crab,lobster, with red and yellow peppers, garlic, and alfredo sauce (or something to that effect) in a deep stuffed crust. Awesooooom!

stones: they do, but I noticed pretty much all the ones I see around for sale these days are not that great of quality, I've heard plenty of stories of them cracking after a few uses. If you use a stone though, be sure to let it preheat for quite a long while in the oven (~1 hr) or you're not really using it effectively. Also you will need some method of transferring the dough to the hot stone (e.g., a peel) and for some crazy reason I can't find peels in ANY stores nowadays, how are these people using the stones they buy?! I HAVE NO IDEA.

But the pizza screen I got is perfect, it works ALMOST as well as a stone. I just had to track down a restaurant supply store in order to find it. I just realize now that I have to season it before my next use or the dough will keep sticking.

In a pinch you can just use a perforated pizza pan or solid pizza pan but they are not worth using more than you have to for a number of reasons

hmmm... I didn't think about the peel... that's a good point.
I wonder if a place like William Sonoma may have it? They seem to have any kitchen utencil known to man in stock... (of course each one also cost 6 times more but...)
I don't even know what a pizza peel looks like....

..and where do I buy a screen, and what is it exactly?
I have to do more research about this... But I am definitely getting a stone either today or next weekend!

hmmm... I didn't think about the peel... that's a good point.
I wonder if a place like William Sonoma may have it? They seem to have any kitchen utencil known to man in stock... (of course each one also cost 6 times more but...)
I don't even know what a pizza peel looks like....

..and where do I buy a screen, and what is it exactly?
I have to do more research about this... But I am definitely getting a stone either today or next weekend!

just a big spatula of sorts

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku5559182/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1|16|||0|||||||pizza&cm_src=SCH

I see what you mean by costing a lot more :p but it looks like it is designed to hold up well by reading the description.

A pizza screen is just a big round screen

124187_lg.jpg

Which I could only find at a restaurant supply store <3

You could also use something like a cookie sheet as a peel, just make the pizza on there, but be sure to flour/cornmeal underneath of it so the pizza will slide off.

oooh pizzzza

sounds so good. looks even better. this thread has made me as hungry as i could possibly be...

just a big spatula of sorts

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku5559182/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1|16|||0|||||||pizza&cm_src=SCH

I see what you mean by costing a lot more :p but it looks like it is designed to hold up well by reading the description.

A pizza screen is just a big round screen

124187_lg.jpg

Which I could only find at a restaurant supply store <3

You could also use something like a cookie sheet as a peel, just make the pizza on there, but be sure to flour/cornmeal underneath of it so the pizza will slide off.

Derick, the link didn't work: was that a link to a peel?

I didn't go this weekend... worked in the yard all day yesterday...
but maybe next week- I need to make this goodness!!

But tell me something about the screen.... I thought the pizza needs to sit on a really hot surface (like a stone...? or an oven safe pan?) So how does the screen work? I'll look into screens as well when Ill go there this week...
So much to think about!!

It was awesome after I took the mushrooms off my half :kickass:

The cheese was all drippy like on a cheap pizza from Six Flags or something, but good. A classy and tasty version of a gross pizza, if that makes any sense :p