Votes: 1 4.3%
  • California

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Serjeant Grumbles

Mar 20, 2005
Neapolitan pizza is pizza as in it's original form, made in a wood oven with a simple tomato sauce and sliced fresh mozzarella rather than low moisture grated mozz.
Eq_it-na_pizza-margherita_sep2005_sml.jpg

New York style is known for it's big, floppy foldable slices. I haven't had much opportunity to have the real deal; there are chains like Luca pizza, which is pretty good, I suppose, but I know that it's a watered-down version. But a had some good stuff from the NY slice food truck here in Indy.
NY_Style_PIzza.JPG

I've had good Chicago deep dish pizza on numerous occasions, even in frozen form.
loumalnatispizza.jpg

Chicago also has a lesser known thin crust pizza, which I've had twice, once from the chain Aurelio's. It's a thin, flaky, buttery crust, cut into squares.
chicago-food-3.jpg

St. Louis-style is also cut into squares, although it's more of a cracker crust. The most polarizing thing about it is that, in lieu of mozzarella, it's topped with Provel cheese, a processed cheese combining provolone, white cheddar, and swiss. But, since I lived in St. Louis for the first ten years of my life, I am partial to it.
6a0120a8551282970b017c31c68833970b-800wi

Detroit style pizza is a rectangular deep dish pizza, commonly with the sauce appearing on top. I know that a lot of pizza chains feature a deep dish pizza that's sort of like this, but I've never had this style in it's genuine form.
SliderMargarita.jpg

New Haven pizza, or "apizza", is something I've never had the fortune of trying. Apparently, it comes in a oblong shape, and mozzarella doesn't automatically come on it. Clam pizzas are a common thing with this style.
20110130_bar_new_haven_mush_eggp.jpg

New England Greek is a pan pizza with an oily crust, topped with a combo of mozzarella and white cheddar. It doesn't necessarily have Greek-style toppings; the name refers to the fact that this pizza is commonly done by Greek owned pizza places. I've done this style at home, so I can say it's good, if you like pan pizza. However, they say it can be pretty mediocre, such as this, which doesn't look very tasty. On the other hand, this one looks quite appealing:
17047.jpg

Sicilian pizza is based on sfincione, which I made this for this past New Year's Eve, as can be seen here. The American version, however, uses more conventional pizza toppings.
sicilian-pizza.jpg

California pizza uses a lot of different crazy toppings. This can be good, but I can see how purists would avoid this like a Tabasco enema.
california-pizza-kitchen.jpg

I honestly don't know what any of these are. I think only americans use this classification.

Italian Pizza > all other pizza

And this is relevant methinks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pizza from Boston's North End is the best I've ever had, but one thing I know for sure is: FUCK DEEP DISH.

Deep dish is like a gross ass fucking pasta dish with excessive tomato sauce. Shit makes me gag.

Yes, I'm going to get riled up about this. I lived in Chicago for a year, hated the deep dish.

I went with New York. Deep dish is good every once in a while. Anyways, what makes pizza great is all the hot sauce you put on top of it so I'm sure all these styles will do.

best kind of pizza is free pizza. Also, wtf is "California" pizza? Is that the shit they serve at California Pizza Kitchen with a bunch of shit on it that doesn't belong on pizza? If so, then fuck that

I like California Pizza Kitchen pizza. and New York.

the best pizza in my area is Pop's Pizza. They do GIANT pizzas:

390385_10150559376386335_1541030459_n.jpg