The Greats of Tomorrow...

Destroyer Of Orden said:
Has Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin faded from our memory? No way in hell! They will FOREVER be hailed as the originators and innovators of a massive genre of music.
They havn't faded because VH1 and Rolling Stone keep saying they're the greatest year in and year out. Its NOT (at least in the case of Sabbath, like I said I know little about Zeplin) because they wrote the greatest music ever, I mean the number of metal bands that have outdone Sabbath musically is amazing. And in the end thats all it comes down to, how good is your music. Btw what genre of music did Led Zeplin create? Oh thats right, they were just really innovative in the prexisting genre of blues rock, sotra like Emperor in metal, oh no did your whole stupid theory just get crushed? Yes!

Destroyer Of Orden said:
However, bands like Emperor, My Dying Bride, or Opeth, will never be able to be considered a classic in such a wide scale. NO ONE will ever be sitting them on the same pedestal.
No one? Well I for one put Black Sabbath way below Emperor, Opeth, MDB, Neurosis, shit even second echelon bands are above Black Sabbath. Why? Because musical quality is more important when considering the greatness of a band then influence and popularity. Anyone who thinks the later two are more important is listening to music for the wrong reasons...

None_So_Vile said:
Yeah Agalloch is a good choice, also Forest Stream, Farmakon and Thales are all great bands that are fairly new and i reckon will do really well.

Especially Forest Stream. Their album "Tears of Mortal Solitude" is a masterpiece, one of the best albums in my entire collection. Im not too good at describing things really im afraid but check out their forum on here and www.foreststream.net
Yeah I just finished listening to that album for the first time, very impressive, good atmospheric, orgainc sounding gothic and black metal influenced doom. I see potential for greatness, thanks for the rec!