The Halo Effect - New Album 2023/2024

Probably used the modern version of Anders for the voice model. Should sound fine with a voice model from Colony/Clayman era.

Not a great option to clone from due to STYE production, and only using one album is pretty limiting as well. Difficult with Anders though as both his voice and production varies greatly from album to album, so even finding two consecutive albums as a training source is difficult, let alone more. Colony and Clayman are arguably the only true candidates.

It's not only the choosen period. It's also that the voice simply doesn't fit. The music is not made for it.

Reactions: Xpyro125
I don't think I actually did Path of Fierce Resistance when I was cloning Anders vocals to THE songs a while back, so it's certainly possible. Some of the songs definitely didn't work. Conditional was by far the best fit. Needless End didn't really work, and obviously none of the clean vocal tracks work.

Yeah, the vocals don't sound good, but I do think it's due to the voice model. If they used Colony, I bet it would sound ok. I remember Darius Edgar's version of Conditional and I thought it sounded remarkably good. It's really going to come down to the model. I tried doing some clean vocal, power metal stuff a while back and it was pretty terrible

1727115922639.png

The March Of The Unheard
January 10, 2025

1. Conspire To Deceive
2. Detonate
3. Our Channel To The Darkness
4. Cruel Perception
5. What We Become
6. This Curse Of Silence
7. March Of The Unheard
8. Forever Astray
9. Between Directions
10. A Death That Becomes Us
11. The Burning Point
12. Coda

Oh shit, I love the color change— I fully expected it to continue being gold and red because of The Defiant One and what the single teasers looked like, and that would’ve been cool but rather safe. This has a completely different feel to that, and I like it.

I’m not sure why either, but the song titles just feel heavier. I don’t really expect the songs to be, but the whole thing just has a different feel overall, and I’m interested to see where things go.

The Halo Effect necromancy edition.
My issue with this guy's artwork is that all of his works look very similar (even though they look good). Honestly if you've shown me any of his works that he did for other artists I wouldn't notice that it wasn't made for THE.

Blackbraid I has rather distinguishable artwork that also really works with his identity, but Blackbraid II’s artwork could very well be mixed up with the artwork here.

I dig the song titles, they seem cool. Cover not so much, to be honest. But who cares, its the music thats important..
Tomorrow we will be able to hear the song via VPN so we shall see where they decided to go this time.
Personally, I just dont want something in the style of Become Surrender. Simplistic and boring to me. Judging by the song name, I hope for something energetic, fast paced and of course with some cool melodies!

Yeah, I don’t like the cover at all tbh. The art direction for the last album was vastly superior but as you said, it’s the music that matters anyway. I actually do like Adrian Baxter’s work a lot, he’s a very good artist but this is falling short for me. As a designer, I’m just being nit picky :D

I like the album and song titles though. At first I thought it was “Forever Ashtray” and thought “what the fuck does that mea… oh, I see.” Looking forward to hearing the first single tomorrow.

Reactions: mindd and Xpyro125
Blackbraid I has rather distinguishable artwork that also really works with his identity, but Blackbraid II’s artwork could very well be mixed up with the artwork here.
IMG_6897.jpegIMG_6898.jpeg
I realize that I didn’t actually send them even though I could, so here you go.

Blackbraid I is rather distinct, and that’s cool. It feels rather true to Blackbraid’s native ancestry and themes, so I think it works rather well.

Now if you told me Blackbraid II’s art was the cover for something like In Broken Trust the single, I would’ve believed you. Don’t get me wrong, I think Adrian’s art style overall does fit Blackbraid nicely, and I do like the art style overall, but it’s just like the rest of his works, whereas the first one is its own thing entirely and thus just feels more personal. It’s a small thing, but I figured I should clarify my thoughts with the pictures shown and everything.