The Haunted

The bands have a different sound...don't try to compare. I know its the same members, but Haunted is so much more Slayer-souding. ATG was much more original in the context of the early and mid 90's...

So yes, if they had remained At The Gates they might be original...because they probably wouldn't just sound like the Haunted.

Originally posted by azal
so if they remained At the Gates they would be original?

Nope, not if they sounded like the Haunted.

This is 2003. That was the mid-90's.

A band called At the Gates in the year 2003 sounding like "the Haunted Made Me Do It" would not be original.

However, a band called the Haunted in the year 1995 sounding like "Slaughter of the Soul."

Sorry, my post is started to sound stupid. My only point is that Haunted don't sound original right how in 2003, regardless of the pedigree of its members or the one-time originality of their defunct band. If they were still called At the Gates, you'd have to say "they used to be cutting edge, but now they're a retro thrash band."

Isn't that many bands do -- go through a phase of originality and then sooner or later either repeat themselves or go retro or no longer stay up to date?

some good songs to dload is...

off the s/t album:
-Bullet Hole
-In Vein
-Hate Song

The haunted made me do it:
-Bury your Dead
-Tresspass
-Leech
-Hollow Ground

One Kill Wonder:
-God Puppet
-Shit Head
-One Kill Wonder

so i really like the haunted. in addition to the resemblence to the at the gates/gothenberg sound, i made the slayer comparison when i heard this band. only its more like if slayer didnt suck.

Originally posted by Tenebrae
Total Slayer rip-off. I'm not saying that it's bad....IT RULES...well, sort of...I've bought "The Haunted" and it owns, also sort of...It's a good listening if you're into headbanging, blastbeats, double bassdrums...crunched fast riffs...etc...not too bad, considering the actual state of affairs in the music world...

A couple of Slayer-type of instrumentals don´t make a rip-off and
most of their songs sound totally different.