The Headbanger's Ball

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I've been TiVo-ing it since they brought it back on the air. Most weeks, there's one, maybe two cool videos and a bunch of MallCore. However, as of late, it seems to be improving. In the last two weeks they've played:

Amon Amarth
Anthrax
Behemoth
Dark Tranquillity
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Kreator
Nevermore
Seamless

Granted, they still play a ton of Mallcore, but it seems to be moving in the right direction.

Zod

Yea I watch it somtimes...

But every time I watch it my mind goes numb by the fact that MTV made ANOTHER station so they could actually play MUSIC on MUSIC TELEVISION.

They say its for the lesser known artists...and its for that to...but really I can't help but think its just cuz they needed a place to play MUSIC VIDEOS, instead of random as crappy programming.

General Zod said:
I've been TiVo-ing it since they brought it back on the air. Most weeks, there's one, maybe two cool videos and a bunch of MallCore. However, as of late, it seems to be improving. In the last two weeks they've played:

Amon Amarth
Anthrax
Behemoth
Dark Tranquillity
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Kreator
Nevermore
Seamless

Granted, they still play a ton of Mallcore, but it seems to be moving in the right direction.

Zod

Pure illusion. Don't worry, they'll be back to playing only 1,2, or 3 worthwhile videos a week in no time. Personally, I get a better kick out of watching Metal Mania on VH-1 from 1100 pm to 1:00 am on Saturday nights - they show a lot of cheesy 80's "cockrock" videos (some are great!) mixed in with some awesome old school metal classics like Celtic Frost, Megadeth, Anthrax, Maiden (regularly), Slayer, Exodus, Twisted Sister, Pantera, Helloween, Forbidden to name a few - in addition to having a host that is actually knowledgeable about metal and knows how to conduct an interview.