The heaviest album of 2007?

ANAAL NATHRAKH blow me the fuck away!

When I listen to their latest (Hell is empty) and/or (Codex Necro) I say to myself "this is what I fucking need"

Cruel, harsh, dark, and a total chaotic attack! pure chaos,Yes!:kickass:

is there a more scary album than The Codex Necro? I say its audio rape and murder. I really think this is about as virulent as it gets.

Electric Wizard's latest could have competed for this category, had they produced it like they made Dopethrone. But instead they made it sound more Sabbath-y, which works just fine.

A good doom record doesn't necessarily have to be super-heavy. I'd rather go for memorable riffs, which Witchcult Today delivers gratuitously.

I've got Devourment's Molesting the Decapitated - just relistened to a track - and I'll say that yeah it is pretty heavy - especially compared to most of the BDM I've heard. And I guess Saprogenic's first album is heavy - but aside really I don't get how Wormed is heavy. Listened to the album a few days ago and it sounded really thin to me.

I'll stick by Electric Wizard being heavier than any band mentioned here so far, at least on Dopethrone.

I've got Devourment's Molesting the Decapitated - just relistened to a track - and I'll say that yeah it is pretty heavy - especially compared to most of the BDM I've heard. And I guess Saprogenic's first album is heavy - but aside really I don't get how Wormed is heavy. Listened to the album a few days ago and it sounded really thin to me.

I'll stick by Electric Wizard being heavier than any band mentioned here so far, at least on Dopethrone.

You're actually a complete dunce if you don't see how the breakdown in Ylem, for instance, isn't heavy. :loco:

am i the only one thinking heaviness depends on the rhythm used? because im listenin to some of this stuff and am not feeling the urge to kill...that means it must not be heavy enough...
IMO heaviness has nothing to do with "the urge to kill", that is more brutality or something. I think fast riffs very rarely are that heavy, because they aren't sustained/hold out enough for me to really feel the thick bass and guitar which is pretty much what makes something heavy for me (but also a kind of power which too draged out riffs like Sunn and Thergothon for example lacks). I guess I agree with The Greys on this one lol. :oops::cry:

I agree with both, they are different kinds of heavy...there isn't just ONE kind of heaviness. Both of them consist of large amount of bass...

I am of the opinion that "heavy" simply equates with a deep bassline. Terms like "brutal" or "extreme" or whatever can be bandied about in a variety of ways, but a song's metaphorical weight is all about how much the room shakes when you crank up the subs.

Molesting the Decapitated wasn't released in 2007. I think Butcher the Weak is heavier, since the production on Molesting the Decapitated makes it sound like a blur of noise (you can't make out the riffs most of the time). And Wormed is heavy as hell. The slams are absolutely crushing. As for Electric Wizard being heavier, yes the sound is so low end that some speakers can't handle it, but that doesn't constitute heaviness in my book, though it may fit other people's definitely of heavy.