The Heaviest Fucking Metal Band

In terms of pure extremity, yes, wormed own all other bands

Scott Evil, pig destroyer don't have a bassist

Coupla things:

What is this WORMED band all about? What type of music? Never heard of 'em.

Also, was it cookiecutter that talked about Digested Flesh? Recommended, I take it?

As to Pig Destroyer, while they are one of my favorite bands, I am not sure I would put them on a list of heaviest bands. Except for the occasional song where the singer does his growl voice (instead of the typical screamy grind voice), cause his growl voice is very heavy.

Every once in a while though, they do put out some seriously heavy shit, like the song "pixies". That song has riffs in it that want to crush my skull.

Wow. See, I listen to that and I think "Iommi has single riffs that crush this entire album into dust" but thats just me.

Well, it is EXTREME...heavy because of the shifting rhythm section changes, of course. Lots of fast blasting and bass drops. That defines what heavy means to me, but it can also mean monolithic and slow, a-la doom/sludge.

Wow. See, I listen to that and I think "Iommi has single riffs that crush this entire album into dust" but thats just me.
I still can't fathom how people can say that Black Sabbath are the heaviest band ever. Heavyness = musical extremity, a thick crushing guitar sound, heavy chugging riffs, antonality or at least no panatonic riffs, pounding drums, non clean vocals. All these elements come into play. Black Sabbath have rockish panatonic riffs, a thin guitar sound, rock-ish drums, and clean vocals. When they started, they were clearly the heaviest band at the time, unlike these days, where you can argue forever which band is the heaviest. However, in terms of heavyness, Black Sabbath don't even come close to the heaviest bands of today.

Black Sabbath have... a thin guitar sound

eh, i'm not gonna bother trying to argue against someone who writes this. for me, heaviness has more to do with the ideas than the sound, but... this is so pointless. just leave it at this: put on some tech-death masturbatory bullshit, no matter how chock full of double bass fills, rhythm and tempo changes, blastbeats, etc it is, then put on Hand of Doom and I'll sure as fuck know which one sounds heavier to me.

tech deaht isn't really meant to be particularly crushing

jeez what is with everybody hating technical death metal??

I think me and VVVVV are the only 2 here who enjoy it

eh, i'm not gonna bother trying to argue against someone who writes this. for me, heaviness has more to do with the ideas than the sound, but... this is so pointless. just leave it at this: put on some tech-death masturbatory bullshit, no matter how chock full of double bass fills, rhythm and tempo changes, blastbeats, etc it is, then put on Hand of Doom and I'll sure as fuck know which one sounds heavier to me.
Black Sabbath are very good, but just not that heavy. In terns of heaviness, they are a step above Led Zepplin. Albeit a significant step, as I fucking hate Zeppelin, but I love Sabbath.

Black Sabbath are very good, but just not that heavy. In terns of heaviness, they are a step above Led Zepplin. Albeit a significant step, as I fucking hate Zeppelin, but I love Sabbath.

Stop trying to tell me what to think you fucktard. Seriously. I'm not trying to tell you that your bullshit music isn't heavy, just that it doesn't cut it for me. If you can't give me that same respect then kindly FOAD.

edit: damn, i really wish i could neg rep you for that post but it says i have to spread some around first

another one of the all time heaviest in my books though its a compilation:

Pentagram - First Daze Here

GODDAMN those songs are crushing.

I like tech death, too. I do listen to more old school death, though. If you like tech death, you gotta check out Pavor.

old school death is great, I'm not arguing that - I just wish people were more open - minded

a band like martyr is incredibly technical but always has really good song-writing

Stop trying to tell me what to think you fucktard. Seriously. I'm not trying to tell you that your bullshit music isn't heavy, just that it doesn't cut it for me. If you can't give me that same respect then kindly FOAD.

edit: damn, i really wish i could neg rep you for that post but it says i have to spread some around first
I wasn't telling you what to think. I was just saying what I consider heavy. I guess you took it as an attack, though.