The Heaviest Fucking Metal Band

I'd have to say Electric Wizard. Heavy to the point where it's almost unbearable.

I forgot about these guys. I can admit this is a whole 'nother type of heavy from Sabbath, but it does build on what they were doing so all the better!

@ LifeSucks: re-read your post and tell me why I took it and the following one as a bit of an attack. You say shit like "Heavyness = this" or "Black Sabbath don't even come close."

Life Sucks said:
I still can't fathom how people can say that Black Sabbath are the heaviest band ever. Heavyness = musical extremity, a thick crushing guitar sound, heavy chugging riffs, antonality or at least no panatonic riffs, pounding drums, non clean vocals. All these elements come into play. Black Sabbath have rockish panatonic riffs, a thin guitar sound, rock-ish drums, and clean vocals. When they started, they were clearly the heaviest band at the time, unlike these days, where you can argue forever which band is the heaviest. However, in terms of heavyness, Black Sabbath don't even come close to the heaviest bands of today.

Can I act as mediator here?

Demilich: Some people phrase their opinions as facts. It's nothing personal.

Life Sucks: Rephrase your future posts as follows -

"I find it rather hard to understand how people can say that Black Sabbath are the heaviest band ever. My belief is that heavyness = musical extremity, a thick crushing guitar sound, heavy chugging riffs, antonality or at least no panatonic riffs, pounding drums, non clean vocals. I think that all these elements come into play. Black Sabbath, in my humble opinion, have rockish panatonic riffs, a thin guitar sound, rock-ish drums, and clean vocals. When they started, to the best of my knowledge, they were clearly the heaviest band at the time, unlike these days, where it is my postulation that you can argue forever which band is the heaviest. However, in terms of heavyness, it is the essence of my beliefs as a music fan and as a human being that Black Sabbath don't even come close to the heaviest bands of today."

Problem solved. Buttsecks time.

tech deaht isn't really meant to be particularly crushing

jeez what is with everybody hating technical death metal??

I think me and VVVVV are the only 2 here who enjoy it

how do you think I feel? I'm as far as I know, I'm the only grindcore fan here.

suffocation is fucking brooooooooooooooooooooootal...

made even more so by the excellent production

I was driving in the car today listening to suffocation... I got out of the car with a massive headache

keep Suffocation on your iPod. They will grow on you in the future I assure you. I used to hate them badly also.

I heard of the song Where Strides The behemoth. It's an awesome song off the album and it deserves a 7/10 from me. My faves off that album are Crusher Destroyer, Warhorse, and Trainwreck.

I think VVVVV is a grind fan, too. I like some grind. But I think there is good grind and bad grind, as with any genre. I can't stand noisecore, though, but that's not really even grind.

It seems however the opinions on most grind acts are rather random. What's hailed as a masterpiece by some fans of the genre is dismissed as utter garbage by others(the Cephalic Carnage thread reminded me of this)
Just what is it I wonder that makes good grind good and bad grind bad.