The Inevitable Favorite Album Thread

Which is your personal favorite?

• Total voters
For me Viva Emptiness and Discouraged Ones (on the same level...but to the end i had to chosen Viva for its perfect artistic conception)...but it's near impossible to define the best album...

Night is the new day, easily. Until the next album.
TGCD is now off the throne but still a very much loved second fave, Viva third and so on...

I love them all (except BMD; that I just find very good^^), but atm LFGD is my favorite. Next month might be different. I think that says a lot about the quality.

I went with NIGHT IS THE NEW DAY. That album is still a masterpiece to me. But a very close follow up is THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE. The only reason NITND is currently ahead of TGCD is because TGCD had too many great songs cut off of it, whereas I believe everything that was finished was included on NITND, thus making it a more complete sounding album. Of course that will be ruined when they release the next "b-side" though. After that, I have come to appreciate a few songs off of VIVA EMPTINESS and a couple songs from LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN. Beyond that, I haven't heard anything else I liked off of any of the older albums.
Jack