The Inevitable Favorite Album Thread

Which is your personal favorite?

• Total voters
Are you serious? :lol: Man you're a trip. Most those bands are the exact definition of generic. How you made your way here is beyond me.

Well here is where I will really knock you to the floor. :) I first found out about TGCD from a Flaw forum (that's right, one of those generic mainstream bands who have catchy songs with big choruses and therefore, by "true metalheads" definitions of music, as they know all, cannot possibly be defined as "real music", since fine metalheads such as yourself only like whatever is not easily absorbed by most so that they can keep their precious bands to themselves).

I mean are YOU serious? To like Katatonia I have to like Rishloo, Ayreon, Opeth and all that? Katatonia will go no where when they have such close minded fans behind them who are terrified of allowing anything in the door that is not considered "brutal, underground and/or totally unmainstream and therefore awesome"). Thank God I am not in a band. If I was and my fans wanted to keep me all to themselves so that they could keep me in their precious circle of unknown bands who will go nowhere and not help get my music out there to the masses, I would just send all of my rent bills and expenses to them to pay. One thing I cannot stand about metalheads is how they consider their music to be the ultimate form of music and NONE can compare. Music is completely objective. If metal music was really as great as you all say, wouldn't far more people appreciate it? Or are we "outsiders" just nothing but brainwashed sheep who have no clue how to appreciate "true music" as high and all powerful as what you listen to? Forgive me, sire. :worship:
Jack

Oh yes, I do love me some Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers.

I sure hope no one on here misspells or anything. You must be borderline genius to be capable of appreciating Katatonia or any of their ilk.

Anyways I have to get back to listening to my generic, manufactured pop music. Currently it's Lunatica, one of those mainstream power metal bands that have sold like 30 million albums in America already (since that is all I ever listen to).
Jack

Back at you, and all your redundant useless posts. You faggot. Har har.

I do hope you've figured out by now that my posts contain a degree of sarcasm. I love Tonight's Decision and Night is the New Day and haven't listened to any other post-Sounds of Decay material in like 6 months (bar a few TGCD tracks) so wtf do I know anyway. But that post was completely serious; you two are on opposite ends of the spectrum and both of you take your opinions a bit too far imo.

well i dont think ive had a chance to really listen to everything, but i got the new one and that was the first ive heard of them and it's just really awesome. fucking great album, i voted for that one. but ive gone through most of their discography and can say with some confidence that the new one is just my personal favorite, it has the eerie atmosphere and vibe, it's not even extremely heavy in terms of guitars/instruments/speec etc. etc. at all but it gives this damp low heavy feeling and its intense.

There's nothing wrong with gay fairy music.

You probably get deported round here (ie. Netherlands) for saying that. ;)

What flawed seems to dislike is the honest effort in Jonas voice in DO. He wasn't a trained singer then but just someone who tried. And when he sings in my life.. in your life.. in this life.. its the honest sound of defeat in his voice that make it so great. Honesty and the will to try is the main thing.

Disliking it for that is one thing: completely missing the point.

I guess to my ears his voice sounds "amateurish" on his earlier stuff. The current tone of his voice and the vocals he does now are very soothing, subdued, haunting and beautiful. With the tone he uses now, even the slightest, most subtle changes in his voice are very effective and send chills down my spine. On the older stuff, he sounds more like any average "Joe Schmoe" who is singing in his room with nothing special or unique in his voice (of course there are some exceptions...like for example "Omerta" and "A Premonition" are very good vocally). I don't know how else to explain it though. I love the music from all of their songs on those albums (except maybe "One Year From Now"...I can't stand that whole "waltz" sound). So by all accounts, if his vocals were as good as they are on NITND and TGCD, I guarantee that one of those two albums would be ahead of NITND or TGCD. But the vocals are the only thing I can't seem to get past on their older stuff. :erk:
Jack

We will never be friends ;)
I just LOVE how vulnerable his voice was on earlier albums, and I really miss that now.

3rd-ed! but i think his current style is fantastic as well, the mere fact his progression from Day, and quiet world is the same person as on New Night makes him th ultimate.

Yeah...Day and Quiet World is just...the most honest vocals I have ever heard. This is where you hear true emotion...something even the biggest studios can't ever produce...something real.

Ok, you're right. They are more considered symphonic metal. Hardly "gay fairy music" though.

Yeah I didn't delve too much into looking into the band...gay symphgoth music :)

I was just getting to where people classify crap like Hammerfall or Sonata Arctica as power metal when there is no power in the music at all.

But people get tired of my ranting so back to topic.

Katatonia>everything