The Inevitable Favorite NitND Track Thread!

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
My preferit song is Idle Blood, without any doubt...I think it's perfect in all senses!!! But I love too much New Night, Day And The Shade, and Nephilim too...

Gonna have to go with Forsaker because I love every bit of it, though I think in general, Nephilim or Idle Blood are the biggest "steps in the right direction." The Meshuggah worship works really well on Forsaker but I don't care for the downtuned power chord blasting in a lot of the other metal tracks so much.

I had to vote for "The Promise of Deceit"

It is the new "Tonight's Music" ... at least for me it is.
(no pun intended there) But I think that may be the point.

It just grabs me like TM used to.

Also like "The Longest Year" - catchy chorus - should've been the first single.

Honorable mention to "Onward Into Battle" - chorus is uplifting to me.

I must admit, I am not hearing the greatness in "The Longest Year" that everyone else is. I mean it's a good song, don't get me wrong but I find it's chorus to be no more catchy than any of the other songs. In fact I find the choruses of "Liberation", "Idle Blood", "Onward Into Battle", "The Promise Of Deceit", "Ashen", "Forsaker" and "New Night" far more catchy. "The Longest Year" is third from my least favorite song off the album. =o/
Jack

The Longest Year, Onward into Battle, and Liberation are easily the catchiest songs on the album. Idle Blood isn't catchy in the slightest, and neither is Ashen really.

The Longest Year, Onward into Battle, and Liberation are easily the catchiest songs on the album. Idle Blood isn't catchy in the slightest, and neither is Ashen really.

Agreed. I would throw in New Night as well.

I do like Idle Blood, just haven't given it too many listens... and Ashen...

well, I didn't get the Swedish edition this time but I heard it once or twice

Definitely The Longest Year. I was blown away when I heard it for the first time and still am. I also love Idle Blood and Departer.

The whole album is sooo good.