The Kokkos' new guitars: pics / trident thoughts

Necrometer

Jun 8, 2006
I don't think these pics of the guys' new guitars have been re-posted from the Amfisound site yet. You can obviously see the instruments pretty well in the video, but these pics show the amazing inlays much better. There are trident spears for the inlays, with the swamplord (weilding a trident) in a boat near fret 24.

inlayplan_.JPG

inlayplan_ready.JPG

atrain.jpg

Anyway, the trident inlays got me thinking: why has Kalmah embraced this symbol so much? I think they've written just one song about fishing (Burbot's Revenge), and that song didn't mention spear-fishing at all. I searched to see if trident tips are even used in spear fishing anymore, and it seems they usually aren't. Is it simply the Poseidon connection? Because the trident just looks cool? I guess I'd rule out the usually obvious "devil" influence since Kalmah's imagery usually isn't so "generic." So, if anyone (including the Kalmah guys themselves!) has some insight as to why the trident was embraced by Kalmah, please share your thoughts!

Hell, if anyone could tell me the origin of the word "Kalmah," I'd appreciate that, too.

yeah i really like the guitar, the V even more, im not sure about the tridents/swamplord, my guess would be its just a symbol that they stuck with, kinda like COB stuck with the reaper on their cds

Looks alot like alexi's guitar..but this one is more metal imo ^^ and alexi has schytes on hes frets..

HatewarE said:
With some imagination the guitar itself is trident, too.

Yeah, I noticed this as well; especially the V, if you count the little pointy design that was incorporated at the split of the "V" part itself. Pretty cool!

It's not a 3P maple neck?
as for pickups, I use EMG-81s but Antti probaly use duncans cuz of the sound, he doesn't want a crystal clear sound, cuz his custom jackson's pickups had more like dark acoustic sound (I'm quoting him!)
I've already contacted them and got a quote for a custom guitar, it's really cheap compared to other brands such as ESP. But then I applied for the ESP one cuz ive fucked my dealers brain with my changes and stuff hehe
I might get a custom guitar from them next year (If I don't get a Jackson custom =p~)
I like the color of the bevels and mounting rings (kind of like bronze).
http://www.amfisound.fi/
check out the gallery and the Daniel Freyberg - Naildown custom guitar
those guys can do fucking amazing and crazy stuff with the guitars!

hmmm let me see, I'm in Malta (not maltese just study there) and i got a quote for like 1650 Maltese Liri plus VAT (18%)
I got a quote from amfisound of the same spec plus shipping of around 2950 Euros which is equal to 1246 Maltese Liri (1 Euro = 0.4224 Lm)
So, it's a big difference, even when I talked to mky dealer, he got me a price of 1450 Maltese Liri and when I said I don't want to get my tax refunds I got a quote of 1390 (still there is a big difference in price).