The Last 5+ Albums You Listened too

whatever makes you feel good, buddy.

performing a community service on a voluntary basis can be quite rewarding. The satisfaction derived from helping others is definately a biproduct of such work.
Help me, help you.....talk about it.....maybe mummy locked you in an elevator when you were a little boy and the only thing that got you through the ordeal was that music...but where was it coming from?

I recently went on an album buying spree:

The Flower Kings - Back in the World of Adventures, and Retropolis
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
DT - Octavarium ($9.99 CDN NEW!)
Threshold - Hypothetical, and Critical Mass
Planet X - Moonbabies
Spiral Architect's album... might I add... a terrible, terrible album, lol.

Nice choice on the flower kings!! Definatly one of my favorite bands!:kickass:

Same with planet X. I can't describe, without sounding cheesy, how much they have influenced me. I basically keep playing guitar because of them and hopefully soon will start learning keyboards as well.

As for spiral architect, well I seem to be one of the few people on here who find that album a masterpiece. People with that much talent automatically have my respect, regardless of how scattered and complex for complex sake it is. Insect just rocks! Especially the awesome instrumental section.

Really? I might be alone in this, but it's grown on me quite a bit and I actually prefer it to Eric the Red.

Trust me, you aren't alone. While Eric the Red had some fucking fantastic songs such as The Edge, Dreams, Wild Rover (what a great interpretation of this song!!!) and quite a few others which i can't spell off the top of my head, Ragnarok both flows better and is much more consistant. Plus the songs... holy fuck. Album of the year easily.

1:Europe - The final countdown
2:Kyuss - Welcome To Sky Valley
3:Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
4:Armageddon - Crossing the Rubicon
5:Wintersun - Wintersun

Spiral Architect in no way, suck. Technically, the album is brutally insane, but I do not enjoy it at all. It just tries too hard, IMO, and I hate the vocals. They have the potential to write good music, but I've yet to hear it from them. I still have some great respect for them, though :p

Planet X are awesome! Virgil Donati was enough for me to buy the album right there! One of the best overall drummers, evah!

I would've prefered to go with newer Flower Kings albums, but these were the only two in the store, and I got them both for under $9 CDN new :headbang:

Bal-Sagoth - The Power Cosmic
Bal-Sagoth - A Black Moon Broods Over Lemuria
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Dimmu Borgir- Death Cult Armegeddon
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast