The Last 5+ Albums You Listened too

The tangent - the world that we drive through
Wobbler - hinterland
SX - V
SX - Oddysee( currently learning the oddysee on guitar:OMG: )
Flower kings - paradox hotel

Last weekend during studying for the finals I listened to...

Jonas Hellborg - Temporal Analogues of Paradise
Jonas Hellborg - Good People in Times of Evil
Jonas Hellborg - Abstract Logic
Jonas Hellborg - e
CAB - CAB 4
CAB - CAB 2
CAB - CAB
Return to Forever - Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy
Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior
Tony MacAlpine - Chromaticity
Tony MacAlpine - Maximum Security
Tony MacAlpine - Evolution

As you can see, I like to listen to fusion when I study XD... metal is too loud for me to study to, lol... but I did listen to Warmen - Beyond Abilities. :headbang:

Tony MacAlpine is awesome! He's so versatile, playing metal, prog, classical and jazz-fusion with ease! I've got Evolution, Freedom To Fly and Maximum Security, but I really want his latest one Chromaticity...

Symphony X- The Divine Wings Of Tragedy
Tony MacAlpine- Maximum Security
Planet X- Live From Oz
Tony MacAlpine- Evolution
Symphony X- Damnation Game

Yes, Tony MacAlpine is one of my favorite musicians... He's incredible; one of my idles. The only albums I have by him are the three I listed above. I'm going to order Edge of Insanity for Christmas and Premonition sometime later on. But in all honesty, I'd say Chromaticity is equally as good, if not, better than Maximum Security composition wise... It's like a perfect balance of neo classical and fusion... Isis is a melodic, breath taking, masterful song... it's brilliant... but Maximum Security has more catchier songs. I see you have already checked out Planet X. Great. Live From Oz is out of this world, literally. :loco: But somehow I can not get into Planet X like I used to be. You should probably check out CAB if you haven't already. I think MacAlpine's guitar playing with Planet X is more technical but CAB is better musically.

Yes, Tony MacAlpine is one of my favorite musicians... He's incredible; one of my idles. The only albums I have by him are the three I listed above. I'm going to order Edge of Insanity for Christmas and Premonition sometime later on. But in all honesty, I'd say Chromaticity is equally as good, if not, better than Maximum Security composition wise... It's like a perfect balance of neo classical and fusion... Isis is a melodic, breath taking, masterful song... it's brilliant... but Maximum Security has more catchier songs. I see you have already checked out Planet X. Great. Live From Oz is out of this world, literally. :loco: But somehow I can not get into Planet X like I used to be. You should probably check out CAB if you haven't already. I think MacAlpine's guitar playing with Planet X is more technical but CAB is better musically.

AWESOME!!! Yeah, the only thing i don't like about Maximum Security is that the songs are so short!!! At the moment Evolution is probably my favourite, it has a good blend of Neo-classical and fusion as well, which I prefer... I've heard of CAB, and I'll definately get some eventually... yep, Live From Oz is so good it's hard to believe it's a live album! What truly makes him a freak is that aside from all this he's one of the best keyboardists/pianists around as well! :worship:

^ If by terrible you mean rather groundbreaking for their genre and quite unique in sound (regardless of production) then I must say you are correct! Thx, plz drive through now. You know, they are the kind of band that takes a bunch of listens to get used to, I hope you realize this. Also, I hope you weren't listening to their older albums because the new ones are way better. Or maybe if you really do want average black metal, then you might want their older stuff. :erk:

Katatonia - Brave Yester Days
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernal
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Symphony X - V
Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain
My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours

^ If by terrible you mean rather groundbreaking for their genre and quite unique in sound (regardless of production) then I must say you are correct! Thx, plz drive through now. You know, they are the kind of band that takes a bunch of listens to get used to, I hope you realize this. Also, I hope you weren't listening to their older albums because the new ones are way better. Or maybe if you really do want average black metal, then you might want their older stuff. :erk:

Funny you mention this, because i listened to both Ruun and Isa and both were terribly boring. Groundbreaking? Please.