The last old metal album you listened to?

ZoMb!M@N said:
now that i look closer, it does have a small goat's head carved into the upper left corner of the jacket.... hmmmmmmm

So...send it back to me :loco:

Latest I played was Styx - Pieces of Eight... Got it from Hawk , and love it, great music !!

carnut said:
So...send it back to me :loco:

Latest I played was Styx - Pieces of Eight... Got it from Hawk , and love it, great music !!

Thats great to hear!! :headbang:

I love "Blue Collor Man". First song on side two! It kicks some serious ass.

well, must be the same, this record isn't pop anyway, but very good symphonic rock. If I need to compare a mix between Pink Floyd and Magnum...kind off ...

zeppelin said:
The same styx that did Killroy Was Here?, I've got that on vinyl but it's full on pop mostly :yuk:

Styx wimped out in the 80s!! :erk: But their 70s albums are great. Symphonic hard rock I would call it, but whats in a name.

But they are back on track. It seems they played a fantastic gig in Belgium. I read a review somewere. If you are into 70s hard rock you must check them out.

Hawk said:
Styx wimped out in the 80s!! :erk: But their 70s albums are great. Symphonic hard rock I would call it, but whats in a name.

But they are back on track. It seems they played a fantastic gig in Belgium. I read a review somewere. If you are into 70s hard rock you must check them out.

Will do, how weird is this?, I've just been reading "The top 10 bands that killed arena rock" thread and they disguss Styx in there as well, that's 2 for them so far. I once had a tape with an hour glass on the cover, it was a best of I think but I never played it, not after Killroy. I'll give them another shot.

zeppelin said:
Will do, how weird is this?, I've just been reading "The top 10 bands that killed arena rock" thread and they disguss Styx in there as well, that's 2 for them so far. I once had a tape with an hour glass on the cover, it was a best of I think but I never played it, not after Killroy. I'll give them another shot.

Cool, let me know how you like their 70s tunes.

Realize though that "best of..." albums mostly have the sappy songs on them.

The early Styx albums are great! My favorite was Grand Illusion, played the shit out of that album as a kid.

Greeno said:
The early Styx albums are great! My favorite was Grand Illusion, played the shit out of that album as a kid.

Yea thats a good album. "Crystal Ball" is also very good. I love 70s hardrock!

cycobully said:
The other day I was driving my husband's car, which only has a cassette player, so it was necessary to rummage through some of my old cassettes to find something to listen to. I chose Dio "Dream Evil" - I'd forgotten how much I like some of those songs :)

This has Nothing to do with this post!

Love your Ava!!! Big Suicidal fan here! ... "If you aint Suicidal you aint shit!!!" I'm gonna have to dig out my old ST cds and give em a spin now!

Well... on heavy rotation I always have Number of the Best, Powerslave, POM, SSOASS, SIT well... so that's no big news there :D

Lately I have been listening to a lot of Fates Warning... awesome stuff! The remaster is great

ZoMb!M@N said:
"99% of life is what you make of it .. so if your life sucks ... you suck!"

Mike Muir --- S.T.

FUCK YEAH!!!! I have lived my life by that line!!!!!! and I believe it 100% ... and this one also "Can you say Feel like shit? Yeah maybe sometimes I do Feel like shit, I aint happy bout it But I'd rather feel like shit than be full of shit, and if I offended you OH I'M SORRY but maybe you needed to be offended, So Heres my apology and one more thing ... FUCK YOU!!! You Cant Bring me Down, Bring me Down NO Bring me down"