The last old metal album you listened to?

Yes it's one of my favorites too. But Burning Star and A Distant Thunder are faves too.
Everythings fine here! More than fine. Just got back from BYh (which I hardly survived due to the HORRIBLE storm that blew the tent with me in it away) and holidays. Oh, glorious holidays! :D

Diotec said:

A BIG shame they spilt up, should have been huge!

-Torben-

Totaly shameful indeed. A true heavy metal band, maybe with H-Bomb the best that had came from France.

Do you have their debut EP and "Larmes de Heros"?

Wyvern said:
Totaly shameful indeed. A true heavy metal band, maybe with H-Bomb the best that had came from France.

yes H-Bomb were pretty good too and the early ADX stuff KA as well.

Wyvern said:
Do you have their debut EP and "Larmes de Heros"?

Yes both, LDH is not quite up to the EP and Métamorphose
and Christian sounded best in French (Heroes Tears was lame ;) )

-Torben-

Diotec said:
yes H-Bomb were pretty good too and the early ADX stuff KA as well.

Yes both, LDH is not quite up to the EP and Métamorphose
and Christian sounded best in French (Heroes Tears was lame ;) )

-Torben-

Oh you have the English version? I have the French one and it really good album, not as good as the previous ones but cool.

Sadly I only have a "recent" ADX live album, but I can recommend High Power, Blaspheme, Killers for classic French metal bands and Manigance, Malediction for new bands with OS flavor.

Wyvern said:
Oh you have the English version? I have the French one and it really good album, not as good as the previous ones but cool.

Actually I only got the French last year on CD and i really made the album sound so much better!

Wyvern said:
Sadly I only have a "recent" ADX live album, but I can recommend High Power, Blaspheme, Killers for classic French metal bands and Manigance, Malediction for new bands with OS flavor.

I haven't heard High Power and Blaspheme but I'll look into that
Killers never really did it for me, Manigance on the other hand are great(still have to check out Malediction as well)

I guess my top five of old French stuff would be:

Sortilege
H-bomb
Warning
Ocean
ADX or maybe Satan Jokers

Hawk said:
Nosferatu is my favorite Helstar album and perhaps my favorite metal album of the 80s!! I just love it! The only complaint I have is that it is way to short.

Hey Griffin how are you? :wave:

NOSFERATU!!! :worship::worship::worship: Brilliant album!!

"And every niiiight,YOU'LL FEEL MY BITE! You won't be scaaaarred,SO BE PREPARED! To feel the paaaain,YOUR LIFE I DRAIN! And then we'll beeee
BAPTIZED IN BLOOD!"

:headbang:

Larry Barragan and André Corbin are one of the most underrated guitar duos of all time. They were so good.

By the way, last "old" album i listened to was Angel Witch-S/T. One of the best albums of 1980, hands down IMO.

Diotec said:
Actually I only got the French last year on CD and i really made the album sound so much better!

Killers never really did it for me, Manigance on the other hand are great(still have to check out Malediction as well)

Sortilege
H-bomb
Warning
Ocean

Never heard of Warning or Ocean. Had been trying to get Satan Jokers unsuccesfully for quite awhile.
Blaspheme and High Power are very difficult to get, Malediction is not.

Thanks for the names ;)

Diotec said:

Sortilege
H-bomb
Warning
Ocean
Blaspheme!

Griffin- said:
Yes it's one of my favorites too. But Burning Star and A Distant Thunder are faves too.

Yea well, any old schooler has to like Helstar.

Griffin- said:
Everythings fine here! More than fine. Just got back from BYh (which I hardly survived due to the HORRIBLE storm that blew the tent with me in it away) and holidays. Oh, glorious holidays! :D

Really? Wow, that never happend to me. How was that? LOL
Have a great holiday.

And yesterday I took "Vincebus Eruptum" for a spin.

Not that it's an old album but I've been playing the hell out of the new Anthrax disc with the re-recorded songs on it (Greater of Two Evils). I was very skeptical about it at first but I really like it!!! I think it was recorded in only a few day, just banging the songs out live in the studio, and for that reason the songs really have alot of energy to them.