The leaking on TOC has begun

I liked hearing conflicting vibrato in the old Nevermore records, like in old Ozzy-era Sabbath. I liked how the bass would almost flub out on DNB, sounding like the record was about to blow up behind that horribly haunting dissonance. And even on the original EoR, I liked how furious the drums sounded, even though they were muffled up. I even like the wrong note in the I, Voyager solo. Perfection is overrated.
:kickass:

DNB has the heaviest blackest hauntingest tone of any record ever. NK is the fuckin man.

:kickass:

DNB has the heaviest blackest hauntingest tone of any record ever. NK is the fuckin man.

I agree...the only thing I don't like about it is the low frequencies flub really hard when they hit, like the mids were dropped completely. It gives it a badass guitar tone though.

I'd really like to see a re-mixing of that album but not a glossy, super-clear one. Just a little evening out of the EQ a bit, with the polar ends not so extreme.

There's too much level on the HDCD mastering. My fault I'm afraid. Fortunately, it doesn't happen on all systems - just one ones that can't handle that extra bit of gain in that specific part of the audio chain.

I saw posted on facebook about Japanese bonus tracks "“The Purist’s Drug” and“Crystal Ship.”

Is that Purist's Drug song another cover?

edit: and Warrel won't add me on facebook wahhhhhhhhhh

There's too much level on the HDCD mastering. My fault I'm afraid. Fortunately, it doesn't happen on all systems - just one ones that can't handle that extra bit of gain in that specific part of the audio chain.

Like I said, though, there's a silver lining. It gives the guitar godlike tone.