The "Let's guess who's the new axeman for COB" Thread

8583904X.jpg

well at least the estimate time of announcement he mentioned was truth :p

why so much hate? I don't know much about him, except for his past with Norther and the guitar thing with Alexi.
But this is supposed to be an important decision, so I trust their choice. I'm curious!

well at least the estimate time of announcement he mentioned was truth :p

why so much hate? I don't know much about him, except for his past with Norther and the guitar thing with Alexi.
But this is supposed to be an important decision, so I trust their choice. I'm curious!

Because haters always gonna hate :D I think they wanted to choose someone who is a friend of the band, and he is for sure in good relationship with Warman bros and Alexi (and he recorded those group vocals for IWC). Time will tell if he will do his job well or not!

I will just leave this here just so you know who we're talking about and so that you don't have to post any more meaningless crap about him.

I guess Daniel will obviously switch to ESP. okay, he was never officialy with Jackson. When he
will stay with Rhoads he will use either a Alexi Sig or one of the new E-II SV Models which are basically the same just with a neck pickup.

I guess Daniel will obviously switch to ESP. okay, he was never officialy with Jackson. When he
will stay with Rhoads he will use either a Alexi Sig or one of the new E-II SV Models which are basically the same just with a neck pickup.

I am more interested to see how will he contribute to live shows and future albums...

I am more interested to see how will he contribute to live shows and future albums...
Well, a guitar definitely has influence on playing style and sound.
I saw it so many times when people are grabbing more heavy les paul type guitars
they tend to do more heavy rhythm and chugging and stuff and when they grab
modern strats like Ibanez and Charvels they tend more to do shredding.
And the choice of guitar will affect his contributions to the live show.

Because it's anti-climax, his name was already up here. Everybody was waitin' on some black metal god who would influence Alexi back to writing magical stuff. Or some new wild child. This guy comes from a wannabe-Bodom band, so it's kind of... maybe it creates jealousy. And his name isn't Finnish. I think whoever it is the main thing is his mentality is right and he loves their music (and can play it), then the on-stage performance. Well, it must be cool to be in a COB fan band and end up actually playing in COB.

Last edited:
Because it's anti-climax, his name was already up here. Everybody was waitin' on some black metal god who would influence Alexi back to writing magical stuff. Or some new wild child. This guy comes from a wannabe-Bodom band, so it's kind of... maybe it creates jealousy. And his name isn't Finnish. I think whoever it is the main thing is his mentality is right and he loves their music (and can play it), then the on-stage performance. Well, it must be cool to be in a COB fan band and end up actually playing in COB.
Freyberg was only on the newest Norther album so the style wasn't really anywhere near COB anymore.

Well. What I hate it's what kind of fan base he will bring to CoB. I am 100% sure they didn't pick an unskilled guitar dude. So yeah, on stage he will be good, and he will play probably really nice. But he will bring to the concert 15yo emos which will ruin the concert with higher screams than Dani Filth.....

Reactions: RICJAMES
Well. What I hate it's what kind of fan base he will bring to CoB. I am 100% sure they didn't pick an unskilled guitar dude. So yeah, on stage he will be good, and he will play probably really nice. But he will bring to the concert 15yo emos which will ruin the concert with higher screams than Dani Filth.....
Well, that's just half the truth. When Alexi was bit younger, Are you dead yet era, thos little cunts throw masses of bras and panties at him. So, more a return to the roots, somehow. :D

Well. I have always thought Alexi's change of style came from his new guitars. Don't get me wrong, I love esp, and I have two of those. But playing Jackson was probably helping him a lot getting that kind of virtuosity and inspirtation. Maybe if Freyberg can use his Jackson, it could have a nice influence.
And yeah I've been a bit harsh.. I was just expecting someone better, but I shouldn't talk like that until I see how the audience is live.

Well. I have always thought Alexi's change of style came from his new guitars. Don't get me wrong, I love esp, and I have two of those. But playing Jackson was probably helping him a lot getting that kind of virtuosity and inspirtation. Maybe if Freyberg can use his Jackson, it could have a nice influence.
And yeah I've been a bit harsh.. I was just expecting someone better, but I shouldn't talk like that until I see how the audience is live.
Serious, I don't think that he affects the fans much. With Roope also didn't came any Thrashmetal/Stone fans.
At least no significant masses. And yeah, I said it a bit before, the guitar affects a much the playing in general, look at my comment above.

Yeah, those girls don't give a crap about the music, they're just practicing the scary emotion of having a crush on a distant target they can never get into contact with. Their ego lusts to be the one to obtain the person everyone looks up to, it's how women function. They get in early to get to the front row, then hang onto the fence and bite anyone that tries to mosh out. These days they'll probably not bother tho, as they're too busy enjoying the endless attention they receive on their phones. It was really Everytime I Die that gained COB their female fanbase.