The Longest Year MCD

They look very similar to the "Blood girl" shirts they are selling on tour which look really good. did buy a different one though, so I can only tell from eyesight.

Day and Then the Shade remix is good...really like the way it starts and picks up, i think i prefer it to the original song actually...Sold Heart is nice too, not quite on the level on Unfurl but they need more time to sink in

The new video in fact is a lil' bit amateurish, but I definetely prefer this one to the previous one for 'Day and then the shade'. All that red of fire, sparks and the black, reminds me of the front-cover for ''Discouraged ones''. Well, actually I'm not so mad about musical videoclips.

'Sold heart' sounds good but nothing if compared to those few seconds of 'The longest year' when I heard it months ago from the teaser. This song is really great and I'm glad they're promoting it.

Well I believe it's pretty much impossible for Katatonia to create a song that I don't like since TGCD. Having said that though, I am not too overly crazy for "Sold Heart". I certainly like it better than any of their older stuff simply because the vocals are better. If I had to rank it with the other songs from NITND though, I'd rank it as my 3rd least favorite song (behind "Nephilim" and the second half of "Departer"). I wonder if this is "the 13th song" that they originally said they recorded for NITND? I wouldn't be surprised if it was since it follows the same "no more than 2 choruses per song" pattern that every other song on NITND uses. Nonetheless, I added "Sold Heart" to the rest of the songs on a cd-r (any future songs released before the next album will also be added to it) so now my original copy of NITND will collect dust from here on out.
Jack

Well I believe it's pretty much impossible for Katatonia to create a song that I don't like since TGCD. Having said that though, I am not too overly crazy for "Sold Heart". I certainly like it better than any of their older stuff simply because the vocals are better. If I had to rank it with the other songs from NITND though, I'd rank it as my 3rd least favorite song (behind "Nephilim" and the second half of "Departer"). I wonder if this is "the 13th song" that they originally said they recorded for NITND? I wouldn't be surprised if it was since it follows the same "no more than 2 choruses per song" pattern that every other song on NITND uses. Nonetheless, I added "Sold Heart" to the rest of the songs on a cd-r (any future songs released before the next album will also be added to it) so now my original copy of NITND will collect dust from here on out.
Jack

still having that self-flawed reasoning for making b-sides into a cd again "just cuz it suppoed to be dere" feeling?

sigh.

*facepalm*

I KNEW someone would say that this song is better than any song on the album just because it's a b-side. Was just a matter of time really.

Well, that is just a matter of TASTE actually. I was always willing to hear an album in the vein of Unfurl from Katatonia. Sold Heart is really in the vein of Unfurl and I really really liked it. I don't care if it's a B-side or not, that is what I expect from Katatonia and for me it really is better than any album song... Live with it.

Sold heart kinda sounds like newer Anathema. It was nice, but understandebly a b-side, both because of the style and quality.

Finally heard Sold Heart and it's utterly amazing, as good as anything on the new album.

I also found that it fits very well into Night is the New Day if you put the song after Ashen and before Departer on a CDR.