The Longest Year MCD

The enhanced EP also features the videos for both The Longest Year, directed by Charlie Granberg (Bloodbath, My Dying Bride) and Day And Then The Shade, directed by Lasse Hoile (Porcupine Tree, Opeth.)

I hoped they'd have found a better director than either of these two by now, but sometimes you have to accept the lesser of two evils.

I agree with the fact that Lasse Hoile did shit with the Day and then the Shade video, but if you think about it, who better could THEY have gotten? Lasse Hoile is a big name, and he was probably willing to do the video for a good price, just like Grandberg. Videos of that quality cost money to produce, and I'm sure most guys who put out music videos of equal production quality cost way more than those two did. So I think Katatonia has chosen well for their music video directors, it just is the directors who end up fucking the product up.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against what Katatonia or Peaceville want to achieve, but do you think people will take the band serious when they see these cheesy videos they have? I don't think Katatonia's fanbase is largely made on their videos anyways...And I don't think they have ever been shown in America, maybe some European stations have shown them, but Katatonia's fanbase to me seems like dedicated fans that have followed the band, not Mtv viewers.

And playing metal isn't the best choice of music to play if you want to raise a family, granted Katatonia aren't full on metal, and haven't been for some time, but have really good success in the twisted underground.

And it wasn't a "kvlt" statement dogg, music videos are for rappers and pop stars...and for Candlemass.

For the most part, music videos are cheesy...Beavis And Butthead made a living half the time talking shit on them, which was hilarious!

And those youtube fans, for the most part, just download...but then I'd get into something else about Peaceville's distribution in the States which is just another subject...

And yeah, Bright Eyes has some cool videos...another exception I suppose.

someone got my hopes up for nothing: the idle blood on here is not acoustic its just another remix

sold heart sounds..... dark