The Lotus Eater VS Porcelain Heart

• The Lotus Eater

Votes: 94 68.1%
  • Porcelain Heart

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • Both

Votes: 27 19.6%

• Total voters
Lotus because PH reminds me of the Grand Conjuration. And Lotus is a epic as fook!

Lotus because it's by far one of the best Opeth songs ever. It belongs to the top 5 at least.

Porcelain Heart doesn't make my blood boil with hate anymore though. It's tolerable.

The Lotus Eater, because I agree with i aint play this that this is one of the finest Opeth songs ever. The Nintendo bit is awesome, and the parts where Mike growls remind me so much of April Ethereal. Axe's drumming is so excellent, and of course and the guitar work is awesome as well.
While Porcelain Heart does have its moment and is overall a very good tune, imo in no way is it as impressive as The Lotus Eater. Oh, and Axe's drum fill is cool.

After the first listen I'd definitely voted for TLE but now I can't decide which I prefer anymore.

I must be in the minority in having extremly mixed feelings with The Lotus Eater, overall it leaves a tainted taste in my mouth, though I really enjoy parts of it.

I voted Porcelain Heart obviously.

I had to vote Lotus Eater as it captures you from beginning to end, only letting you catch your breath for a brief moment before driving forward again in fine Opeth fashion. Porcelain is great, a much more relaxed song but contains a subtle energy and ambience.

i've heard lotus eater at least 25 times now, loved it from the first time, porcelain heart i can't say the same at all

Porcelain Heart by far... Odd. I'm probably going to enjoy TLE more in say 25 more listens, like most Opeth tracks ;)

I've heard them both almost twice now, not sure. Lotus Eater is sick in many ways, so I guess I like it best. o_O

The lotus eater, just has so much more to it, going from one extreme to the other. Love the clean vocals on top of the blast beats too. Thats not to say that porcelain heart is a weak song at all by any means.

I actually voted for TLE, but now that I think about it. I really like both, each in their own way.

Would have voted for lotus eater if had all death vocals.

would have voted for porcelain heart if it didn't have those cheesy rhyming lyrics.

So I vote heir apparent!