The Lotus Eater

The only bit I can say that I don't like is the nintendo/dream theater moment with the keyboards, but apart from that it is badass. My favourite bit is the opening blast-beats.

What could possibly be better than combining Opeth with Nintendo?

i like the leaked version better.:Smug:

the new stuff seems fresh to me, like its found a freedom and vibrancy that was constricted on ghost reveries.

also, just to clear things up here concerning the coolest part on the lotus eater, its from 6:23 on.:saint:

Thank God for the free version. I would've waited till June otherwise.

Listened to it twice. Fantastic stuff. The riff that comes in during the first 2 minutes (can't remember where exactly) is very Deliverance-ish but sounds better.

Mike's clean vocals are the best ever on this. For some reason reminded me of Dan Swanö in some of the stuff he's done.

Was this any different to the leaked version?

I swear, I know this isn't the right topic for Porcelain Heart, but goddamn. Each time I listen to that song it absolutely fucking GROWS on you. After the 10th or so listen, I honestly think it's a great single, not to mention Watershed as a whole is going to shape up to be a fucking fantastic album. I love Porcelain Heart. Really.

The Lotus Eater is quite ridiculous too. Who would of thought that blastbeats over soft spoken vocals would work so well? Oh that's right, Opeth.

I like this part the best, that's why I covered it...sounds like a Jordan Rudess guest spot to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i have thre :p

1. that catchy ass riff like a few minutes in
2. right after when he starts coming in with a line(i havent figured out the lyrics) sounds like all of you and it keeps getting louder
3. when he comes i nand says youuuuuuuuuuu( in a really high voice) are...........