the lyrics...

Nico16

Oct 10, 2001
germoney.
Is it just me, or are some of devy's lyrics somewhat hard to understand?
e.g. the lyrics of "Earth Day" from Terria...I just can't figure out the meaning (if there is any) of that song (and this is just one example) ...what about you? :confused:

well it's just entertainment folks!

hm. some of devin's lyrics are just crap like most of what he did for the older strapping young lad thingies but nowadays he can get quite complicatedly poetic if he wants like in life is all dynamics...
i think that there is a meaning behind what he writes at least on everything since ocean machine. as terria is generally very personal i guess this first cluster of mountain and earth day is an approach to describing his new found strength but i better stop here without re-reading them lyrics carefully so as not blabla.

the message is there is no message

i think he has something to say... (i think in every straight there's a gay dadoo)
if you listen to him talking about terria on the second disc of the limited edition you see there's something he wants to tell at least with this record. if you are interested in understanding his lyrics, get the limited edition ;)

damn. I saw it (the ltd. edition) in the shop here...had no money, 'hid' the CD under "AC/DC" :lol:, came back 2 days later and it wasn't there anymore... (not under "AC/DC" and not under 'D' or 'T' ...with other words: I couldn't find it anywhere in the shop)

Some weeks after that I ordered it at some mailorder ...and after 5 weeks I got a mail saying that it wasn't available anymore.

So after 6 months I at least got the normal CD. (btw: a month or so before I saw the ltd. edition I already wanted to buy the normal album in another shop which had it...that day I also didn't have any money, but I came back one day later and somebody else had bought it in the meantime) I guess Devy seems to be _very_ popular here...or the CDs are just afraid of me.

lol, this must sound confusing. well, I am confused at the moment :p

What is the bonus track on the 2cd CD like? And what is this multimedia stuff about?

hm. the bonustrack is VERY kitschy and very very bombastic, sounds like something by meat loaf or the rocky horror show but i don't think this (called universal) is among his greater achievements...
the rest on the other side is just awesome: live-mpgs from err, seventh wave, bad devil, christeen, war, hide nowhere and at least on other but i just forgot it from a great gig in tokio, great sound, all just rocks a fuxking lot and then there is well something like a monologue of devin about the making and the writing and whatever of terria (some funky facts like tha<t the dog howling somewhere in mountain was the one he had [happy] which died while terria was about to be finished) which was recorded on the same tape-recorder he records all his spontaneous inspirations with.
it's really worth buying it somewhere like ebay. it really is. with this second cd terria is one of the most complete albums there are (i just am too tired to tranlsate the german word gesamtkunstwerk, but that's what it's all about)
dadidoo good night byebye servus

damn, well....well....I guess I just had bad luck. But good to hear that that the bonus track isn't as good as the rest of terria, hehehe ;)

on the japanese versions of devins albums, he actually puts the song meanings, so you would know what's it about and why he made it.
but it's written in Japanese, so go learn some japanese folks.
(on OM and Infinity are the two, that I know that has the song meaning booklet.)