The METALLICA - "Death Magnetic" Thread, here.

The new song was ok, but honestly the first 5 minutes were really boring, and the last 3 were fantastic. I hope the whole album is more like the end of the new single.

In my opinion, the song sorta reminded me of Load or Reload untill about 4 minutes in, then And Justice For all screamed at me.

Yeah, dull riffs and needless time changes all over the place will bring down anything, though the fact that nearly every song is over long and not memorable doesn't help either.

Are you fucking tone deaf, or are you trying to earn cybercred with all the internet know nothings?!?! Oh my, must have stumbled upon Woods accidentally on myspace. To my ears AJFA is their grand opus. Pretty strong accomplishment considering the bass was no where to be found. Outstanding rhythmic balance where the time changes were more fluid than your bed sheets on a friendless Friday night. Length?!?! It's called gradationally building to a crescendo, ie meaty song structure. Go chew on some celery and noodle dance to Trivium you little faggetti. :)

Memories?!?! That album precipitated my first pube.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so let me wrap that post up for you in a nice picture.

crybaby.jpg

Weird, I could see the picture on my computer, but not this one. It was a baby crying.

Definitely just ate my words after hearing My Apocalypse, what a kickass song!

Finally heard the entire thing, and it's very average to be honest. A few nice moments, but most of the riffs sound the same, Kirk does the same shit in every solo and the vocals aren't very good. It is better than everything since the Black Album, but most of this album doesn't have good enough ideas to justify being as long as it is, and I can't imagine ever listening to this again.

This album is amazing, its not even worth arguing if its the best since The Black Album imo, cause it clearly is. You only have to listen to the first couple of songs to hear they're ripping, its way more metal than anything TBA-Reload, the song structures rule, there's awesome riffs, some catchy groovy parts. After a couple of listens, its totally clicked, I totally love it, and I've barely listened to any Metallica over the past year. Its pretty awesome.

I gotta eat my hat too. As a hard rock record (not really metal) it's pretty damn good. I've found myself warming to it alot!

I would definitely call this metal. Songs like "My Apocalypse" and "The Judas Kiss" are some of the heaviest stuff they've done, and the chorus of "Judas Kiss" is probably the best chorus I've heard recently.

But still, the drums... I'm always reminded of Lars bitching out James and calling his riffs "stock" throughout Some Kind Of Monster, talk about calling the kettle black.

I've heard half of the album and so far it sounds pretty good. I still can't stand James's vocal style and lyrics since Load but the songwriting has definitely improved dramatically over their last few turds they called albums. I definitely won't be picking the album up as I have lost most of my interest in the band but I'm happy they're releasing a good album for their hardcore fans that have waited a long time for an album in this direction.

Solid album...some cool stuff, some not-so-cool stuff...

I can live with spending $10 on it.

Now I'm off to spin the first 3 albums and boots of Cliff's 1st show and the No Life 'Til Leather demo....