The Milwaukee Metal Festival

so AD is playing this year? just read it on centurymedia.com a second ago. does this mean a US tour this summer as well? theyll already be in the friggin country...

Sorry, haven't heard of plans for a US tour so far......

But back to the topic: looks like Ritchie will be making a double appearance there - I saw Silencer will play there as well.

And Silkie: TAD MOROSE!!!! Check their board for more on that subject now! (John, I need you there as well :D ;) )

Well, I can't confirm Angel Dust nor Tad Morose Gaunerin, sorry but I have to check that first...

Remember they suppose to be at this German festival steel meets steel

Originally posted by metalseth
so AD is playing this year? just read it on centurymedia.com a second ago. does this mean a US tour this summer as well? theyll already be in the friggin country...

Angel Dust play a week later in Switzerland and Germany, also a week before in Germany... so don't expect a tour...

We played Milwaukee last year. And as a fan it was still quite entertaining. Milwaukee is more of a death metal/harsh vocal style friendly festival, although many good melodic, power and thrash metal bands played.

It's indoors at the Milwuakee Auditorium. There is a main stage, and on that floor in the back is the vendor area with tons of music, shirts, for sale; plus many labels have their booths set up there. The main stage is in a medium size arena that maybe would hold 7 or 8000 people if packed. Then there are three smaller stages in adjoing rooms. Leaving the side of the large auditorium you enter into a big hallway. On either side are two smaller rooms, maybe the size of large cafeterias. Each has a stage and a respectable P.A. in it. Upstairs is the last stage in a theater-type room. The three smaller stages perhaps could hold 300-500 people each. Many of the more black and death metal bands, even the big names, play the smaller stages. Yet the biggest of the big play the main stage. Among last year's main stage performers were Soilwork, Anathema, Primal Fear, Amon Amarth, Jag Panzer, Steel Prophet and Helstar. On the side stages extreme metal bands like Krisiun, Zyklon, Darkane, Limbonic Art and Einherjer played.

The festival starts at about 2PM on Friday and goes until about 1AM. On Saturday it starts at about 11AM and goes until the same. There are probably more unsigned bands than signed ones. That's how the promoter pays for many of the signed acts to come. It costs a band $1000 to play the festival if you have no label. You receive tickets in return to sell. So in a way it's a win-win situation for the promoter. Whether the people actually come or not is immaterial, he's made his "ticket" money up front.

The sets for all but the biggest bands are only 25 minutes. Even Jag Panzer only had 25 minutes. But, with so many bands it strangely enough is about the right amount of time to see a band. The big headliners get from 45 minutes to an hour. I think last year there was 160 bands total over the two days. So you get to have a taste of everything.

I have never been to a large European festival, even as a fan so last year was much, much fun. The marketplace is very respectable, and it was just fun being a part of the crowds who were 100% metal. It's a big deal here in the US because metal is so underground. That is the largest gathering of real underground metalheads I've ever been amongst. Lots of fun! We very much look forward to playing again this year.

Starbreaker - thank you soo much for your detailed report. You always have so much to tell, I enjoy reading your posts a lot :)

So...this was kind of all info we could ask for I guess. I'm not sure if I knew about the festival before (I remember having heard the name or someting.....but that's it basically) so it's really interesting to hear about what's going on over there.
The sets are really short though :(

Hallo everyone!

Thank you Starbreaker!
I think it was realy good info there.
25 min hmmmmmm
ok,10 or 12 hours trip and play for 25 min....what the f**k it´s worth it!(if it happens)
Thank you again.

All the best .....Modden,

Thank you very much Starbreaker :)

MOOOOOOOOOOODDEN :D wow great to see you here, a very warm welcome here... :D

Ok, I'm going to come over to the TM board :D :p

@ gums... I have to think about it... ICQ I mean :p
As a Vintersorg fan I dunno if I can take a Simen's son my list :p

Last time I saw Simen, two days before my accident, he sound terrible :p
Ok, I admit it was due to bad sound probs...
Vintersorg ruled the day after... :p

Originally posted by Silkie

Well okay then rip my heart out of my chest, throw it on the floor, and stomp on it!
:p
But remember, just because I'm Simen's son doesn't mean I'm not a Vintersorg fan. Me and Vintersorg are close too!

MOOOOOOOOOOODDEN :D wow great to see you here, a very warm welcome here... :D

:D
Is your keyboard broken or why are there so many O ? ;)
A warm HELLcome from me too Modden! :devil: (sorry, can't stop hellcoming everyone :rolleyes: )

:lol:
Silkie, you're really hard-hearted :D