The Mister and Misses Anathema forum awards!!!

Dhatura said:
Hm, we should set up a spectrum of beards according to the quantity of facial hair and set the limit under which it doesn't qualify as a beard.

CAUSE I'M COMPLETELY LOST :yell:
to be qualified as such, a beard basically needs hear all over the lower part of yer face. proper thickness like.

elzka said:
oh, i live 25 mins by train from the fastival area, so if you need a place to stay, just contact me! :wave:

well, i planned to invade finland with half of the Dark Tranquillity forum, if that's ok for you :)
no, honestly, we were considering to rent a house for the tuska week in helsinki, you don't know any good location by chance? or else i will really drop by ;)

ok... im joining in the fun... :loco:

dora.jpg

i think everyone's beautiful... Beauty is momentary in the mind. skin deep...
"If the doors of perception were cleansed, man would see things as they are, infinite"
William Blake

but if i had to vote, i guess i would vote for dragonlady or susie, they both remind me of the "femme fatal"...
male.... hmm... did anybody vote for danny??? c'mon ladies, put your groupie boots back on....

DragonLady1 said:
as for the girls I'd go for
Dwra (greaaat hair, beautiful classic greek face)
Blackeyed (cool look, I like it, nice piercing and a sympathic face)
Susie (gorgeous women and beautiful eyes)
Snow2Fall (sweeeeeet)
Lostlenore (she remembers me an old friend of mine, well I only saw her on the pics of her homepage but she has this nice warm smile, I like that)

but actually I couldnt really chose a top one... maybe Dwra tho :)
--> pic (hope she doesnt mind me posting this link)
Daphne!! I'm like this now ---> :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thanx! :dopey: :D
And no of course i don't mind about the pic, it only reminds me of the good times we had the last time you were here! See you really soon!! :wave:

By the way, the guy you tend to vote :)p) is indeed Shadowlike and there is another cool pic of him
http://www.ypnos.org/images/scotland2003/skotia-wallace06.jpg

Sorry Liako :p

autumnsphere said:
i think everyone's beautiful...

Are they? :lol:

Sorry, I just don't eat that, it's just some humanistic ideal attitude, usually those say it who have never had any problem with their looks, inferiority complex coming out if it, etc., and who have been told they're beautiful at least a couple of times.

The fact that even an Anathema forum goes on :oops: -ing and :hotjump: -ing and :worship: -ing in a thread called "The Mister and Misses Anathema Forum Awards" plainly justifies it: we are bound by appearances. For the beautiful it's not sad, of course. Having a beauty contest, oh, my, it's like those American teenage films about plain girls becoming the queens of the ball in one and a half hours, nice, nice. We have to amit there's no single element of nonconformity in us. Metal, up me ass...

As for myself, I was called "monkey" in school and in the family, what a telling name, hehe. By 30 I've managed to get comfortable with my looks, so everyone just save me from patronizing comments please :D

But of course, this is a lovely thread, but I won't vote for anyone cause... cause... ehh, I don't know why, I just don't feel it's fair, I'm unable to separate looks from personality.

And please, go on, go on, don't pay attention to my ranting here, it's just an aside I felt the need of, out of a -- maybe misplaced -- sense of justice and past grievances :D Otherwise I'm enjoying this thread very much :)

I hope I've managed to make a foolmonkey of myself again. Cheers :wave: :lol:

Dwra said:
Daphne!! I'm like this now ---> :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thanx! :dopey: :D
And no of course i don't mind about the pic, it only reminds me of the good times we had the last time you were here! See you really soon!! :wave:

By the way, the guy you tend to vote :)p) is indeed Shadowlike and there is another cool pic of him
http://www.ypnos.org/images/scotland2003/skotia-wallace06.jpg

Sorry Liako :p
argh...i couldn't look more stupid ..it's the only stupid picture i ever taken and you've posted it :erk: :yell:

Dhatura said:
Are they? :lol:

Sorry, I just don't eat that, it's just some humanistic ideal attitude, usually those say it who have never had any problem with their looks, inferiority complex coming out if it, etc., and who have been told they're beautiful at least a couple of times.
Actually, Dhatura, im not a beauty queen at all, i have loads of loads of complexes about my looks. But when someone you love like hell looks at you and says in amazement "You are so beautiful"... now this is a moment.... but it doesn't happen every day, you know...

Dhatura said:
We have to amit there's no single element of nonconformity in us. Metal, up me ass...
:tickled:

Dhatura said:
But of course, this is a lovely thread, but I won't vote for anyone cause... cause... ehh, I don't know why, I just don't feel it's fair, I'm unable to separate looks from personality.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We only see what our kaleidoscope permits us to see. It is a projection of an illusion and the only prism is love.

I think it's also a lot about the Aura (in german u would say Ausstrahlung but now tell me the exact word in english I dunno ;) ), I met lots of great looking people who just became so boring to look at because there was nothing behind... well its not always like this of course but it happens...

I also think that some ppl are just influenced by what society shows us as being beautiful, I mean look at the women who were called beautiful 100 years ago, well even 50 years ago and look at the ones now

DragonLady1 said:
I think it's also a lot about the Aura (in german u would say Ausstrahlung but now tell me the exact word in english I dunno ;) ), I met lots of great looking people who just became so boring to look at because there was nothing behind... well its not always like this of course but it happens...

I also think that some ppl are just influenced by what society shows us as being beautiful, I mean look at the women who were called beautiful 100 years ago, well even 50 years ago and look at the ones now

I would say charisma... ;)