The Mister and Misses Anathema forum awards!!!

autumnsphere said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We only see what our kaleidoscope permits us to see. It is a projection of an illusion and the only prism is love.

Ah, steady on like. I fancy Andrea Corr and thats nothing to do with my love prism. Same goes for your wan from Buck Rogers. I can see it now, ooh

padmewilma.jpg

wilma.jpg

Dhatura said:
Are they? :lol:

Sorry, I just don't eat that, it's just some humanistic ideal attitude, usually those say it who have never had any problem with their looks, inferiority complex coming out if it, etc., and who have been told they're beautiful at least a couple of times.

The fact that even an Anathema forum goes on :oops: -ing and :hotjump: -ing and :worship: -ing in a thread called "The Mister and Misses Anathema Forum Awards" plainly justifies it: we are bound by appearances. For the beautiful it's not sad, of course. Having a beauty contest, oh, my, it's like those American teenage films about plain girls becoming the queens of the ball in one and a half hours, nice, nice. We have to amit there's no single element of nonconformity in us. Metal, up me ass...

As for myself, I was called "monkey" in school and in the family, what a telling name, hehe. By 30 I've managed to get comfortable with my looks, so everyone just save me from patronizing comments please :D

But of course, this is a lovely thread, but I won't vote for anyone cause... cause... ehh, I don't know why, I just don't feel it's fair, I'm unable to separate looks from personality.

And please, go on, go on, don't pay attention to my ranting here, it's just an aside I felt the need of, out of a -- maybe misplaced -- sense of justice and past grievances :D Otherwise I'm enjoying this thread very much :)

I hope I've managed to make a foolmonkey of myself again. Cheers :wave: :lol:

wow. this was so in place thanks martha. i was getting pretty annoyed at all those blushes and hugs and that