The Mystery of Watershed

Schism

Evacuate, Assemble here..
Jan 15, 2003
Mittagong, NSW Australia
Visit site
I sat down this morning to watch the R1 Directors Cut of the brilliant "Zodiac" by David Fincher (my fave film last year along with Pans Labyrinth and Hot Fuzz) I couldn't help but notice some similarities between my Watershed SE packaging the Zodiac dvd.
Zodiacdcr1artworkpic1.jpg
Watershed_Special_edition.jpg

Yeah sure it looks similar, but thats not all. I was watching the menus on the Zodiac dvd and suspect pictures were flashing up that looked very similar in style to our crazy eyed mystery guy throught the Watershed artwork. The last thing is the full page of code inside the watershed booklet, not the same as whats used in Zodiac, but similar.

You guys will see what I mean when you get your copy, but I think MA might be a fan of this film, and may have been influenced in someway by some of it hmmmm. (scratches head)

Didn't Mikael say that he didn't want people to know the lyrics to the songs so he might code them just to piss people off?

Zodiac was pretty good, but by Fincher standards of the past, it wasn't anywhere near as good as Fight club, Se7en or The Game. Better than Alien 3 and Panic Room though no question. Curious about his next, no pun intended.

All I remember about Zodiac is nothing happens. I think you're over anaylzing this stuff. It seems like Mikaels evil plot to code his shit is successfully driving his fans to find some sort of answer (and sometimes piss them off:heh:). I honostly don't care anymore, there is no way to be sure and he won't tell us so i'd just enjoy the music! :headbang:

It's obvious the guy in the envelope is the Zodiac.

Which was a brilliant film.

Hehehe, nice!

Yes after watching the film for the second time, I really think its Finchers masterpiece. It's so respectful to the material and so hypnotic.
I am also the biggest fan of Seven, Fight Club and The Game and hope he keeps up the quality.
Christopher Nolan is also in the same league for me.

^Really? Hmm Fight club is one of the best films of it's decade, and would be amongst my top 50 films hands down. Se7en is one of the best thrillers of the last 20 odd years. Zodiac while very good overall it just doesn't seem to be in the same league as those two. It's still a 9/9.5/10 film, but this is Fight Club and Se7en were talking about here. It's miles better than Panic Room and Alien 3. The Game is fantastic as well. +1 on Nolan, big fan here, also one of the best directors atm. My god the Dark Knight is going to own.

but i guess the envelope thing comes out because there's a man writing a letter in the cover
and also the porcelain heart single cover shows hands writing something, i think that's where the envelope idea comes from.

and don't forget the 'letter thing' on the last song in ghost reveries...

If the lyrics are coded, I'll be a little disgruntled, but at the same time, I'll be like, "Oh cool, it's a game!! I love games!!!"

Zodiac was very good. Better than Fight Club, really, if not as accesible (which is actually nice, I think, 'cause that means it doesn't have a club of macho fanboys). People who were expecting another movie in the vein of se7en didn't know what to make of it, and hence they were pissed off. Despite being a "boring" film, I was pretty riveted throughout the whole thing, which is extremely unusual for me- I work at a video store and watch an average of one or two new dvds a day, so I'm hard to entertain.

Zodiac is definitely a film that requires a second watch for full appreciation. At least it did for me.

Btw, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Fincher's new film (with Brad Pitt!) opens in December. A spanish trailer has just surfaced.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v3V5KAIyM4&feature=related]Trailer for Benjamin Button[/ame]