The new album finished!!!

Yes, the Katatonia forum (as well as Bloodbath's) are filled with considerate people that are actually intelligent.

I read about the new album being complete (the recording, anyway) on the site last night before going to bed. It was quite a thing to have on my mind before sleeping. I hope I'm able to wait for the actual release...

;_;

This is great news about the new album... I think it's a good next year for metal overall... new Katatonia, Bloodbath DVD, new Borknagar, Vintersorg, Fission, Waterfield... so much new material, it's great.

I hope Katatonia's newie is heavy. I'd love to see them use growls again... I can only hope!

Nah....I think the new songs will be with a heavy soud as they said...more a mix of discouraged ones and viva sound that would be awesome!!! But don't worry everybody we all know it's gonna be the album of 2005 hehe :D

Viva Emptiness is a very good album and also is the most heavy album in the new era.. But it is not as dark as LFDGD or Discouraged Ones.. I hope this time they will combine "Heavy" and "Dark" with this new album :) I can't wait to hear it!! :hotjump:

Erik said:
I thought LFDGD was practically a fluffy-bunnies-jumping-in-fields-full-of-blue-flowers album compared to ANY of the others?

well Dispossesion, Tonight's Music, Transpire, Chrome, The Future of Speech.. these songs feel like dark :) Generally the sound of LFDGD(with keys and guitar effects) is darker compared to Viva Emptiness and Tonight's Decision (not Discouraged Ones of course :) )

but again, this is my opinion... so it depends :)

I like LFDGD. It's the cat's meow.
VE was ok in spots but a bit of a let down song writing wise.
I am looking forward to anything these dudes put out. Bring it Down!

The Hubster said:
This is great news about the new album... I think it's a good next year for metal overall... new Katatonia, Bloodbath DVD, new Borknagar, Vintersorg, Fission, Waterfield... so much new material, it's great.

I hope Katatonia's newie is heavy. I'd love to see them use growls again... I can only hope!
Don't forget Novembre's new album, "Materia," releasing in October!

:)

Don´t know how reliable this source is, but still, e-commerce called cd.com says that new album will be released on 20th of February. Check out www.cdon.com

Yeah, the Bloodbath, Swano, and Katatonia forums are the best one's.

I can't wait to buy it as well. They've been my favorite band since hearing Tonight's Decision in 1999. I had an epiphany then...

I feel LFDGD to be their greatest musical achievement. However, saying that, I feel all of their albums to be masterpieces, with each offering ample moments of splendor.