The new album kicks FUKN ASS!!

Unregistered said:
Someone let me know the whole album was up on a FTP, so I downloaded it this morning and burned it before I went to work.

what's the password?

Hahah guys you are vultures! I don't wanna put it up on my FTP an dget bitched at..

Please don't. At least wait till it's officially released. They are trying to get a new contract and the better their initial sales, the better the chances of getting a good deal w/a better record company.

Lillitu said:
Please don't. At least wait till it's officially released. They are trying to get a new contract and the better their initial sales, the better the chances of getting a good deal w/a better record company.

then stop fucking talking about how good the album is before it comes out because it's driving me insane! and i ain't buying it until i hear all the songs, and not right away anyway because the import will probably have more songs or they'll release a limited edition something or other with more stuff on it like with dhiadw. WD was saying something about 3 more songs.

I saw the cd on the usenet last night...much to my delight, and burned it immediately. I guess I won't say where, but those who seek will find I guess. I have had every Nevermore cd before it has come out, and I have also bought each and every one....maybe I am in the minority, but I would buy it even if it sucked, just to support the band. This is a very important cd for them, so please - all fans BUY IT!

yeah, I'm dying to hear the album on my better stereo, it makes everything sound full and beautiful, but it doesn' play CDRs

even so, I've had 30 dollars stashed away since like, november, just for this record, an for that record,it shall be spent

I too came across the cd posted and I think it is amazing in many areas. So far after a few listens, only maybe one weak song. I wish it was longer, but as long as what is on it is killer, it doesn't really matter.

Loomis has raised his game yet again- he has become an amazing player, not that he wasn't before.

The production sounds good to me, I know from getting it the way we are all getting it won't be an exact replication of the actual version, but Kelly Gray did a fine job. I think he did a great job on Q2K-even though he gets a lot of flack for it. He's a good producer.

If they indeed do have a version with extra tracks I will be buying both versions. I support my fave bands even if I do download their stuff before street date. That comes from me just being plain impatient- I could not wait until the end of July to hear this puppy.

I did let my buddy at Century Media know it is out there- so he said he would see what he could do about getting it off the internet....not that anything will happen.....it's kind of a losing battle....but I hate the fact that it kills the cd sales of a band like this when it has been leaked so far before the date. I hope that Nevermore will be around for many more to come so hopefully this won't kill them.

Enough from me...time to listen some more \m/

buzz21 said:
I saw the cd on the usenet last night...much to my delight, and burned it immediately. I guess I won't say where, but those who seek will find I guess. I have had every Nevermore cd before it has come out, and I have also bought each and every one....maybe I am in the minority, but I would buy it even if it sucked, just to support the band. This is a very important cd for them, so please - all fans BUY IT!

there's like a billion different usenets. fuck you!

Unregistered said:
there's like a billion different usenets. fuck you!

Easy man- you are the reason bands like Nevermore can't make a living at doing music.

All people are saying is that we as fans better support these damn bands or they won't be around much longer...the Internet is killin' them. So yeah, while we can't wait for new releases to come out, we still need to remember to pay for them when they do.

\m/

yeah, I dont think anyone even downloaded it off me on DC, and I havent even been using the program much the last day or so

but Ill buy it, I swear!!!!!

and when they come to TO, Ill buy like, every T-shirt :)

dreamingneonblack said:
All people are saying is that we as fans better support these damn bands or they won't be around much longer...the Internet is killin' them. So yeah, while we can't wait for new releases to come out, we still need to remember to pay for them when they do.

\m/

Man if it werent for the internet I would never have heard bands like Nevermore, and neither would a lot of other people. I still made it my business to buy all the albums. It's an advertising gateway for underground music. I'm sure before the internet tape traders were being accused of killing bands.

dreamingneonblack said:
Easy man- you are the reason bands like Nevermore can't make a living at doing music.

\m/

dude, first of all bands make most of their money from touring. even if nevermore sells like 1,000,000 records, they won't get squat. at most it's like $1 per record. the company makes all the money on sales. secondly, if it weren't for the internet i, and a lot of other people, would never even hear of nevermore, let alone hear their music. it's not like nevermore is played on the radio during rush hour, you know? and i have all their albums, dhiadw twice. same thing with dark tranquillity. i downloaded all their songs, and only then went out to actually buy the cds. i got fooled with metallica's load, so i don't buy cds without listening to them first, that's all.

the reason that nevermore can't make a living doing music is because it appeals to a very limited segment of the population, that is, they're not sell outs. they can very easily sell a lot of records doing the metallica thing.

but you forgot a very important aspect...

record companies judge a band's success mainly on how well their record is received upon immediate release. If everyone has the album 2 months early, and says "oh I'll pick it up in September, when I have more money"...the record company thinks that there is less of a demand for the band. Initial sales are very important.

Depth Charge said:

record companies judge a band's success mainly on how well their record is received upon immediate release. If everyone has the album 2 months early, and says "oh I'll pick it up in September, when I have more money"...the record company thinks that there is less of a demand for the band. Initial sales are very important.

Ok so what youre saying is that anyone who has the album 2 months early that will make them buy it 2 months late because they dont have any money. Personally I'd be saving for it now if i was THAT poor.

Depth Charge said:

but then the company issues an import or limited edition, with a video and new songs. so everyone who gets it right away is being played. bands should get rid of the company middleman crap. they should start a union, build a nice studio amongst like 10 or 20 bands, and produce their own shit. also split money for advertising, etc. making the actual cds would be the only hurdle, but in a few years, with technology advancing the way it is, that won't be a problem either. the record company basically gets a lot of money for doing nothing.

Hey dreamingneonblack, since I'm being nice (which doesn't happen very often), and picking up your shirt at the BW&BK show this weekend, you could return the favor and sending me a copy of the new album. PLEASE!