The new BREED strikes in Greece

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
I bought "A New Breed Of Rebellion" from the same record store i had bought "Present Day", almost 1 1/2 year ago. That record store has other Metal Ages releases too (The new Division for example, is it as good as i expect?)
So the new Katagory V anthem is LEVELS above the debut, in every aspect: Musicianship, Inspiration, Power, Atmosphere, everything is empowered.
W E L L D O N E
you slayed everything.

RIGHT ON!!!!! :worship:

This is great to hear!!!

Thank you for the kind words, this means a lot to us to hear the new album is above and beyond our first recording. I don't think we have had anyone say so many excellent things about the "A New Breed of Rebellion" album like this;you would be the first! :kickass:

Any particular songs on our new album that stand out above the others?

Hopefully one day we can get over there to Greece and play a show in the future!

I would recomend picking up the new Division album, especially if you are a fan of old-school U.S. power/thrash metal. :D

Cheers!
\m/
Dustin

I think that the holy trinity of the album is :
A New Breed Of Rebellion
No Response
Your Dreams
with "A Peacefull Act Of Terrorism" somewhere in between them
these songs are possibly the most emotional songs on the album, while they are also the more complex (comple , meaning without standard structure). I think that the album needs many listening sessions in order to be understood completely, it has many melodies, rythms and riffs that need special focus from the listener. Lynn's vocals sometimes remind me James Rivera of the mighty HELSTAR . The BIG THING is that you have totally unique sound now , you remind noone (sure you can say some of your influences though : Savatage, Queensryche etc) . The album really contributes in the evolution of real prog/power metal sound.
p.s. speaking of Helstar, they are playing in Greece in November so it would be awesome if you could come with them (if you want i will give you the e-mail of the guy that organises the concert)
U.S. POWER METAL RULES THE WORLD

IOfTheStorm said:
I think that the holy trinity of the album is :
A New Breed Of Rebellion
No Response
Your Dreams
with "A Peacefull Act Of Terrorism" somewhere in between them
these songs are possibly the most emotional songs on the album, while they are also the more complex (comple , meaning without standard structure). I think that the album needs many listening sessions in order to be understood completely, it has many melodies, rythms and riffs that need special focus from the listener.
WOW!! :worship:
Thanks! We honestly believe the same thing, the album will take a few spins to get into it, but those are usually the best albums when that happens, this was our goal from the begining! We wanted the songs to be catchy and powerful... but still technical and progressive. So, this is great to hear you say this! In fact We are suprised at how well you like the title track, since we were certain many people wouldn't get into it... but you did! That's awsome! I think the lyrics to that song that make it important... this is why it's the title track ;) :D

Lynn's vocals sometimes remind me James Rivera of the mighty HELSTAR . The BIG THING is that you have totally unique sound now , you remind noone (sure you can say some of your influences though : Savatage, Queensryche etc) . The album really contributes in the evolution of real prog/power metal sound.
You have no idea how amazing it is to hear this! Thank you SO much!!! :worship:

p.s. speaking of Helstar, they are playing in Greece in November so it would be awesome if you could come with them (if you want i will give you the e-mail of the guy that organises the concert)
U.S. POWER METAL RULES THE WORLD
The best thing to do would be for you to contact the promoter who organizes this show, and have him email me. Have him check out our material first, and if he wants to bring us over to Greece, and the offer is fair.... we'd be more than happy to play a show with the mighty Helstar!

Every one in Katagory V are VERY big Helstar fans (Distant Star & Nosferatu are may favorite albums!) and we have never played Greece... so this would be a AMAZING show for us to play! :kickass:

\m/
Dustin