The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

plintus said:
i could be your kid, after all :zombie:
With this turn of events, you should be careful of how you talk to me. We could be accused of incest. Son.

afz said:
because of your fish-sized brain
Dolphins are pretty smart, you know. :p

Today i bought a watermelon to find out later that it was yellow inside, instead of red, but it tasted good so maybe i won't die after all :p

aside from the watermelon i had to explain to my flat mate that frighi is not the right word to indicate more than one refrigerator and that muscle doesn't actually delimitate cells perimeter, these last things depressed me a bit but i succesfully did 3 exams in the last weeks and i'm in the process of obtaining a nice thesis if all goes well *crosses fingers*, so i'm fine.
i also had an unplesantly close encounter with my friend's stairs, but nothing's broken :p

oh, also: i'm finally at a good point organizing summer vacations, so Slovakia here i come!

nf: i less than three rahvin IMMENSELY because i can now pretend i am at a bad religion show that hasn't happened yet.

She thought cell walls were made of muscles? o_O

i wonder.. what pisses me off is that the day after, at the exam, she got 28/30 which is a hell of a grade if you consider that in an exam about cells basically she didn't even know what a cell was :ill: maybe i should learn to study everything like she does, without understanding anything of it and numbing professors with an unstoppable flow of words.

i also think i should film her and make money or make people pay a ticket to come to my place, to enjoy some of her wisest moments, like when she said her operating system was Norton.

Anyway, how can someone as light as you even fall down stairs? You should float down.. like a feather :p

the pain in my back assures that no, i'm definitely not a feather :p

facts:

WAIS scores have a normal distribution, with conventional mean 100 and standard error in the range of 12-15 depending on the version (WAIS I, WAIS-R, etc).

These scores have been validated by a good chunk of academic research and are known as being satisfactory proxies of a person's intellectual abilities.

Now, I do not have distributional facts handy, but it appears that the second percentile is at around 145. The first should be at about 160, based on a look at the graphs.

So, if I only consider the distribution of ONE of the redeeming qualities of someone whom I might just trade in for a whole lot of nothing, and maintains he's a certified 175, I have to start looking for one in about two to three thousand (calculations based on approximate estimate of the distribution of WAIS scores, gender and age). If we want to be optimistic, this means three hundred people in the whole country. But I guess this is a very lenient estimate, taking into account a very large demographic, and assuming all of them are unattached (hahahaha).

If I do think about joint distribution of this and other traits, which I cannot estimate because one doesn't really know about the distribution thereof, I feel inclined to draw the one conclusion that as a statistician one never wants to draw: one-unit sample.

np: requiem, requiem

I still dont get it.. you lost someone? Someone you cant replace, someone very intelligent? A colleague, a lover in spe? :p