The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

@ D_S: There is still a bunch of snow in the Alps so snowboarding shouldn't be a problem if you can get there.

@ Rahvin: Thank you for the information. I guess we won't have them back anytime soon then.

@ kittie: Thank you.

@ DoC: "Bildungsstätte" means as much as "Place for education" (Bildung = education; Stätte = place (Stätte is a word that is rarely used outside of certain terms like Bildungsstätte or Gedenkstätte (= Memorial)))
The place that sign refers to actually is a home for mentally handicapable (what is the current politically correct term?) people.

@ Siren: You wouldn't have to put the ladder on a tree, only a balcony. I am sure I could find something long enough to reach all the way down to the ground though if that doesn't work either.

@ QRV: I am glad I don't live there. I would just die.

Anyone else in need of a reply? I am in a replying mood.

@ DoC: "Bildungsstätte" means as much as "Place for education" (Bildung = education; Stätte = place (Stätte is a word that is rarely used outside of certain terms like Bildungsstätte or Gedenkstätte (= Memorial)))
The place that sign refers to actually is a home for mentally handicapable (what is the current politically correct term?) people.

Thanks for the explanation - good to know my German class wasn't completely worthless. I guess that is the current politically correct term, because I can't think of another in its place. However, I thought the sign might have been referring to a daycare or pre-school. I was about to feel bad for some children - just the relative proximity to you and your humor can be scarring for life. :p

Anyone else in need of a reply? I am in a replying mood.

Your lucky day, then. :p

They broke into my car last night and stole some stuff. That's what I get from parking on the street. I find that when these things happen the consequence that annoys me the most is I'm a little nervous about leaving my car for the following weeks. Of course lightning does not strike twice, especially if it's human-driven lightning aware of the implications of its actions, but I remain uneasy, which is the greatest loss (since I won't miss and/or replace what was taken, and the insurance will pay for the damage to the car).
[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=psBATwgLrAA]You should run for government.[/ame]

Hugh, OBE, is,
to my mind at least, that is,
really rather good

Oh yes indeedlepie. You simply must see them if you haven't already, pure hilarity, and some of the plays on words are ridiculously funny. If you can't find them it's entirely possible that something could be arranged. Ahem.

Uhm, I don't know what to say. I haven't been around for a very long time (just busy with life, nothing too serious here) and probably won't be posting much in the near future either - but I feel very sad when I see people leaving this place apparently without any intention to ever return. No matter how annoyed I sometimes could get with this forum and the posters here, or how disillusioned I've been about the whole internet-community-thing lately, I have always felt this forum is like a second home to me - I can always come back here.

You might not expect this from my mouth, but I do miss Hyena. Despite all our differences, disagreements and ridiculous insults, not to mention quite radically different values, I still feel this place needs her. I don't know if it means anything to her, but I hope someone (Rahvin?) can tell her I feel so.

If girl loves boy, why would girl find ways to look "like a complete twat" in front of boy..especially every day?

I'd hazard a guess she doesn't really want to, but just ends up doing so against her wishes.

-Villain

Alas 'tis the age old story:

Boy meets girl. Girl falls in love with boy. Girl finds new ways to look like a complete twat in front of boy each and every subsequent day

And another late night in work :(

i just made a huge mental post before i realized you actually wrote something different from what i read.
anyway worrying so much makes you act even weirder, take it from..well..me. :)

and i miss hyena too, a lot.

I'd hazard a guess she doesn't really want to, but just ends up doing so against her wishes.
Of course.
My reply was (what I had hoped would be) childish cynical humor
wink.gif

EDIT: What did you read, Hiljie? ..or rather what was your "mental post" about? :p

@Villain, Hilj: I'll pass on to her any message you want me to. If you're willing to subject to a life of debt where you pay me back each month in your weight in pineapple, that is. In fact, I had planned this all from the start. To resurrect an old joke, hyena is most definitely tied up in my basement right now.

MagSec4: Sorry for the confusion, my capability to understand internet-humour has obviously degenerated in the past couple of months I've spent mainly off-line.

@Villain, Hilj: I'll pass on to her any message you want me to.

Just let her know I miss her despite all our differences. Or perhaps because of them.

If you're willing to subject to a life of debt where you pay me back each month in your weight in pineapple, that is. In fact, I had planned this all from the start. To resurrect an old joke, hyena is most definitely tied up in my basement right now.

Very well, just pass on a few of those pineapples to her. Or feed her with your wit and humour instead, if you prefer. :)

-Villain