The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

I'm headed home from college tomorrow (which very well may be today, depending on your time zone - the 20th, regardless). As such, will not be around until the day after Christmas, because I will be without internet :)yuk: - as I have complained about - and rightfully so, :p - before). To comfort myself and to console myself from the idea that I will again be an hour away from any real civilization, I am asking for recommendations for things to do in the three weeks or so I have off in between semesters. I'm not working because I couldn't secure a job that would take me for that short of a time. As a result, I will have monstrous amounts of free time to dispose of. Any suggestions?

Disclaimer: These don't have to be serious. In fact, I meant it to be "for the lulz".

For the serious recommendations well...read Faust or The Divine Comedy or some other book worthy of mention.

For the not serious stuff I'd say renovate the interior of your room in popsicle sticks. It's a lot of fun, it will impress visitors and you will lose most of your sanity and/or reputation. This can be a lot of fun.

You could also spend hours in front of a mirror trying to make a wave-like movement with your unibrow.

I'm headed home from college tomorrow (which very well may be today, depending on your time zone - the 20th, regardless). As such, will not be around until the day after Christmas, because I will be without internet :)yuk: - as I have complained about - and rightfully so, :p - before). To comfort myself and to console myself from the idea that I will again be an hour away from any real civilization, I am asking for recommendations for things to do in the three weeks or so I have off in between semesters. I'm not working because I couldn't secure a job that would take me for that short of a time. As a result, I will have monstrous amounts of free time to dispose of. Any suggestions?

Disclaimer: These don't have to be serious. In fact, I meant it to be "for the lulz".

Go to the gym, or if you don't have access to a gym do push ups and sit ups and eat a lot of lean meat.

As I won't be able to leave the country to at least some time next year, I spent all money I could have used for traveling on new desktop/laptop bundle (desktop arrived today).

I really don't know how many computers I own now, but it's definitely 4 laptops. I guess I'll spend my Christmas installing some Linux on one of them.

:cool:

nf: mixed. Two week long Christmas break started, I got drunk last night with a couple of friends, Christmas is only a few days away and I will get awesome food for a week or so.

Negative: Yesterday when I wanted to say goodbye to a friend's dog he bit me in my hand which hurts pretty bad now. I didn't get a gift by Secret Satan and I have to write a about 20 page essay about art as a capital investment until the end of Christmas break and I cannot use my right hand for writing right now.

Unfortunately, I do not have my laptop here, hence cannot point the finger on the 2 people who still have to give presents, but I'm pretty sure I know who they are - one has been absent for a few days and I daresay compliance is in short order, the other one I'm not sure about. However, sorry for those who didn't get their gift yet, and here's to hoping that you get one soon!

@Matse: Get well soon! You should have bitten the dog back, this way he'd think twice before doing it again.

Any recommendations of PS2 games? I finally got a console (yes, a bit late), and I'm just starting to inform myself about these matters. Damn, it took me years to get into console videogames, even though I've always been a geek at heart.

@ Siren: I think you didn't read the "I got drunk" part. At that point my reactions were pretty slow.

@ QRV: Tekken and Final Fantasy is great. If you want to play with friends get Tekken and if you play alone get Final Fantasy. If you have enough money get both.

Any recommendations of PS2 games? I finally got a console (yes, a bit late), and I'm just starting to inform myself about these matters. Damn, it took me years to get into console videogames, even though I've always been a geek at heart.

Besides the ones previously mentioned, I recommend:

- Burnout 3/ 4
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Ico
- Dark Cloud 2
- Final Fantasy X/ X-2 / XI / XII
- Metal Gear (that goes without saying :kickass: )
- Soul Calibur II (the Game Cube ver. is better but oh well).
- DDR (Dance Dance Revolution

Ah well those are just a few :headbang::kickass::) .

I'm so excited. I just received in the mail the most awesome real present from the most awesome fake bf. :D :D :D

@siren: wow, and the present was?

nf: tired of sarkozy monopolizing our national media of all descriptions. he doesn't even look good.

@hyena: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Neurosurgery-Mark-S-Greenberg/dp/1588904571"]did i mention awesome?[/ame]

@Somber Soul: Puzzling is my middle name. ;)