The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

Either you got hit a lot worse than us across the river, or you're all a bunch of sissies :p

Between five and six inches. Keep in mind I am northwest, which got hit a little harder, I believe. Campus re-opened today, erm, yesterday by now. Regardless, they had the sidewalks in the usual precariously slippery condition by Friday afternoon anyway (they plow instead of shovel, so there's always a half-inch sheet of ice covering everything that doesn't melt until the next day, so walking on concrete can occasionally be... challenging).

Gah! You people and your interesting weather. It's just raining here, as usual.

@DoC Have you fallen on your bum yet? :p

Its only interesting because we complain :p.

Nah, I avoided falling this time. I have great balance when on solid ground, but skating/when I'm on ice - not so much. I've already broken my arm a few years ago as a result. Not fun. So now I'm paranoid. :p

Yeah, that one came out of the blue. You'd expect it in California, in eastern Mediterranean, Indonesia, Japan, you name it - but England? It was quite strong for this part of the world, too. The whole house was shaking.

@kittie: glad to know you're fine. :) i've been eating the sweet of the season, which is not good given the fact that i eat 3 pieces a time. :/