The new DoDS

for all people in the US, century media re-issued 'dance of december souls' back in 2002 and the cd should be available where all other CM releases are sold. otherwise it's available from like 100 places over the web. for all people in europe, it's available often as mid-price in many stores and from mailorders on the web. this re-issue is 100% true to the original and supported by the band. make sure u get THIS release and not the new fake.

@Blakkheim:

I'm just wondering if you don't have any power over this? I mean how come they can release it w/o your permission.
Don't the band have anything to say about this, is it only a decision for the labels to take?

the story with this album is utterly complex, just to hint, we've already been to court with it back in the days. i could write a book about it. just let me tell u, we're on the case right now of stopping it, but once again things are of utterly complex nature and takes time. so first move was to announce our dissproval of it and to make sure nobody will go and buy it (regardless if they're taking it for a new katatonia release, or a collectors thing or whatever).

Deliverance6 said:
If they are even close to being your favorite band--SUPPORT THEM BY NOT BUYING IT----- :yell:

... or buy it, and don't tell them about it ;)

Blakkheim said:
the story with this album is utterly complex, just to hint, we've already been to court with it back in the days. i could write a book about it. just let me tell u, we're on the case right now of stopping it, but once again things are of utterly complex nature and takes time. so first move was to announce our dissproval of it and to make sure nobody will go and buy it (regardless if they're taking it for a new katatonia release, or a collectors thing or whatever).

Just out of curiousity, since I studied law (here in the U.S), is this being handle in a Swedish court, or some other court in Europe? :)

Deliverance6 said:
We are all more stupid for having read your comment :err:

Not really. The band have made it quite clear by now what their take on this album is. If people have reasons for wanting to buy it anyway, nobody can stop them - but they don't have to keep going on about it on here!

Light said:
If people have reasons for wanting to buy it anyway, nobody can stop them - but they don't have to keep going on about it on here!
Yup, that'd have the same effect as requesting mp3 downloads or lyrics for yet unreleased songs.

Blakkheim said:
for all people in the US, century media re-issued 'dance of december souls' back in 2002 and the cd should be available where all other CM releases are sold. otherwise it's available from like 100 places over the web. for all people in europe, it's available often as mid-price in many stores and from mailorders on the web. this re-issue is 100% true to the original and supported by the band. make sure u get THIS release and not the new fake.

hey Anders and everybody, i have one more question about this century media re-release.. does it have any "bonus tracks", because i really hate it when they add tracks to an album that don't belong there.. thanks!

There aren't any bonus tracks.

I bought the re release for a friend of mine and I bought the original first pressing for myself.

Both albums are the same, just the original is under No Fashion Records and the other one isn't.

Jinn said:
There aren't any bonus tracks.

I bought the re release for a friend of mine and I bought the original first pressing for myself.

Both albums are the same, just the original is under No Fashion Records and the other one isn't.

Thanks, just ordered it! :)