The new Mac Pro is NUTS.

BLUElightCory

May 24, 2007
www.coryspotts.com
Check it out...

From Apple:

The next generation Mac Pro is architected around an ingenious unified thermal core that allows the desktop to efficiently share its entire thermal capacity across all the processors. The result is a pro desktop with breakthrough performance packed into a design that is one-eighth the volume of the current Mac Pro. Next generation Intel Xeon E5 processors with up to 12 core configurations deliver double the floating point performance. With two AMD FirePro workstation-class GPUs, the all-new Mac Pro is up to 2.5 times faster than the current Mac Pro and delivers up to an amazing 7 teraflops of compute power. The new Mac Pro also features PCIe-based flash storage that is up to 10 times faster than conventional desktop hard drives and includes the latest four-channel ECC DDR3 memory running at 1866 MHz to deliver up to 60GBps of memory bandwidth. With all that power, the new Mac Pro lets you seamlessly edit full-resolution 4K video while simultaneously rendering effects in the background.

2013_mac_pro.jpg

Absolutely hate the aesthetics of it, but can't deny the awesome power that's in that thing. That being said, with the PCI SSDs, Dual FirePro cards, 12-core Xeons and tons of memory, I can't see how these things aren't going to be INSANELY expensive, and totally out of reach for 99% of users.

Need it, don't give a fuck how it looks since it's going to be sitting in a cupboard anyway. We've been waiting with upgrading our Mac until the new one was announced, and holy shit, they brought it.

1) Spend money
2) Spend more money
3) Spend much more
4) Spend much much more

All jokes aside, IF you own UAD cards or stuff then you'll have to spend a lot to keep your rig together...

1) Spend money
2) Spend more money
3) Spend much more
4) Spend much much more

All jokes aside, IF you own UAD cards or stuff then you'll have to spend a lot to keep your rig together...
:lol: True! But since the Mac Pro was always aimed at businesses I don't think most potential buyers really care that much.
For people who don't have either UAD cards or ProTools HDX it's pretty awesome, for all others it's going to be real expensive.
I am still hoping that it will have an adjusted price (cause I'm a freelancer not some big studio or other business, so I actually care about the price :D ) but the SSD, workstation GPUs etc aren't going to be cheap, so I fear the worst.

How much? u$s 5.000 ? I don't like Macs, but the power it seems to have is glorious.

This is NOT a Mac Pro, this is a Mac Mini Pro. Who wants a ton of external HDDs, PCIe-Thunderbolt adapters etc. etc. hanging out of this canister? This is seriously the biggest WTF moment from Apple.

It's a good thing that The Pro Tool PC is coming along nicely.
http://www.pro-tools-pc.com/

Uhhh...yeah, it's a Mac Pro. Which is probably why it shows up when you go to the "Mac Pro" page on Apple's website.

http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/