The new Mac Pro is NUTS.

Dude, really? Of course it is "The New Mac Pro". DUH! My comment was about it's features and according to the features this is a Mac Mini Pro... a box with external expansions.

Just reasearched a little. One of those FirePro W9000 graphic cards is $4000. The "old" (now available) Intel Xeon E5 8core is about $1900. There are also Xeons that are about $3500. The mainboards are very expensive as well $400 minimum. ECC RAM is also more expensive than consumer grade RAM.

I don't see how this will be even be at a similar price as the old Mac Pros now :lol: Sure hope I'm wrong though.
Also makes me rofl at those people saying "I can build a Mac Pro for $1000". Right. Only the CPU is $1900-3500. But yeah go ahead and do it.
Yes you can build a very powerful machine but you won't build one with server grade CPU, RAM and especially graphic card.

ter·a·flop

A measure of computing speed equal to one trillion floating-point operations per second.

What the fuck is a teraflop :lol:

Find out the way to calculate the operations your own computer can do in teraflops based on its specs, then compare to this new Mac Pro :D

Considering the new features of Mac OS X Maverick in terms of performance and energy saving, the headroom will be absolutely tremendous with this.

I am very curious about its evolution capabilities. You can chain whatever you want outside the box, but what about the CPU ? It looks like the memory is removable with ease but I am not sure about the CPU itself ?

FLOPS = cores * clock * ( FLOPS / cycle)

Recently FLOPS/cycle was around 5 or something but my bet is on this new design it must be tremendous.

The world record is in several petaflops now I believe, but these are not normal computers. A few Tera on your desktop was not even a dream a decade ago !

This is NOT a Mac Pro, this is a Mac Mini Pro. Who wants a ton of external HDDs, PCIe-Thunderbolt adapters etc. etc. hanging out of this canister? This is seriously the biggest WTF moment from Apple.

It's a good thing that The Pro Tool PC is coming along nicely.
http://www.pro-tools-pc.com/

Almost $2400 for that thing? Jeeze, these guys are almost as crazy as Apple on their price hikes.

I built a better PC than that for ~$800...

aWZQ4mZ_460s.jpg