the new thyrfing -- it's not just good

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
it's AMAZING! i just realized with the two last listens -- it might even top vansinnesvisor

and i just gotta say -- by not knowing swedish, you people are fucken MISSING OUT. this album and the previous have probably THE best swedish lyrics i've ever read. incredible stuff!

thyrfing quote in this sig
|
|
V

i downloaded this and never listened to it because i burnt myself out on this kind of music way too fast and needed to give it a LONG break.

time to give it a shot!

It's actually really good, but just not as good as it could be. I don't like the fuzzy guitar sounds for a start. Why did they abandon the crisp/clean overdrive?

Also, their new songwriting style takes some time getting used to...I honestly have always said that this might be an album that hits me later on down the road.

"Elddagjämning" is BY FAR my fave song on the album. :kickass:

JayKeeley said:
It's actually really good, but just not as good as it could be. I don't like the fuzzy guitar sounds for a start. Why did they abandon the crisp/clean overdrive?
now i honestly don't know what the fuck you're on about at all

JayKeeley said:
Also, their new songwriting style takes some time getting used to...I honestly have always said that this might be an album that hits me later on down the road.
took me a few listens (not more than about 3 though) but i prefer this new style SO MUCH to their pre-vansinnesvisor stuff.

JayKeeley said:
"Elddagjämning" is BY FAR my fave song on the album. :kickass:
killer song

I love fuzz! As long as it's good, thick fuzz and not some hollow black metal shit that sounds literally phoned in in both performance and tone!

OK in relative terms perhaps there are other bands that have more fuzz, but I'm comparing Thyrfing with Thyrfing -- and the fact is, Urkfraft sounds a lot cleaner. Less fuzz and more fizz!

King of Fuzz:

nd50001.JPG

JayKeeley said:
OK in relative terms perhaps there are other bands that have more fuzz, but I'm comparing Thyrfing with Thyrfing -- and the fact is, Urkfraft sounds a lot cleaner. Less fuzz and more fizz!
not buying this at all

urkraft production would just not work with the new stuff either way, it focuses far too much on heaviness for that sound to work... also it's NOT as different as you think, probably they've even used the same amp from the sounds of it

no it's the same basic type of sound, it's just placed kinda differently in the mix

i think probably mesa amps but don't quote me on that

As an album, I think I like the new one better than vansinnesvisor but I kinda miss the hits. None of the songs stood out for me like for example... Ångestens högborg did on vansinnesvisor.

kanske!!

Just because you hype it I'm gonna listen to it again tonight. I agree with you all that Elddagjämning is a killer track.