The new tour setlist & some pics *SPOILERS*

So I was looking on the IMBB's and this is what someone who'd been to the show has posted as the setlist, which includes AMOLAD played in full.

Different World
These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
The Pilgrim
The Longest Day
Out Of The Shadows
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
For The Greater Good of God
Lord Of Light
The Legacy
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
---------------------------
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name

I dunno what anyone else thinks about this set, but I think it's very poor. As one of the few who think's it's just an "ok" album I'm disappointed that it's getting played in full. Very happy to see 23:58 returning to the set tho. I think if they wanted to stop playing the usuals, then maybe mix it up a bit with some rarer played classics such as Wasted Years, The Clairvoyant, The Clansman etc.

Here are the pics of the new walk on Eddie from the other board.

Picture226-vi.jpg

Picture227-vi.jpg

Picture228-vi.jpg

Random thought here, but Steve looks great in those shorts. :D

No trooper OR run to the hills.

That is fucking strange. I really hope they don't stick to this. I need a bit of the trooper, indeed ANYTHING from POM or Powerslave. But for the love of god I would KILL to see CIPWM live, it being the song that started metal for me.

Ah no. The set list MUST be changed. I'd quite like to see a DOD song in there too

British_Banger said:
No trooper OR run to the hills.

That is fucking strange. I really hope they don't stick to this. I need a bit of the trooper, indeed ANYTHING from POM or Powerslave. But for the love of god I would KILL to see CIPWM live, it being the song that started metal for me.

Ah no. The set list MUST be changed. I'd quite like to see a DOD song in there too

I'm thinking the boys will tour for those albums in '07 or '08 when the rumored second part of the History stuff is due to come out...

What I'm intrigued about is the missing silly trousers...

When I first took a look to see what the setlist was, I was hoping Brave New World, and Dance of Death were going to be represented. While I was a bit dissapointed, I am still very excited to see them. I do like the new album, and love to see Maiden live. I can do without Wrathchild, and Run to the hills, I will mis the Trooper, and The Number though.
I just want to see them again, without anyone fucking up the show!!!!!!!!!!
:kickass:

I have been wanting them to change up the set list for years, so I'm fine with it. After seeing them a dozen times, I o.k. with never hearing Run to the Hills or The Trooper live ever again. :)

I think they need to rethink it for ALL their fans. Of course there's the hardcore ones who've been to loads of shows but then there's also people who've never seen them and I know if that show had been my first Maiden show I would have been so disappointed not to hear The Trooper, Run To The Hills, Number Of The Beast etc. You're not going to please everyone (the people on the IMBB are about 50/50 on whether this set is good or not) but I think a set like previous tours would be better. Five or six from the new album and then some oldies and as I said before, mix it up with some of the rarer classics instead of the bog standard ones.

Iron Maiden began thier 2006 North American tour last night in New Hampshire. The setlist included all 10 songs from the new album, A Matter of Life and Death, as well as 5 songs from thier 13 album back catalog.
Some people have expressed thier anger and dissapointment that Maiden would play the entire record, leaving out some potential "classics" from thier set.
I for one, and STOKED to see this record played from beginning to end, and I have spoken to many people that are excited about this as well. I am willing to bet that most of the people that are upset about this havent purchased the new record, as it is one of the finest Maiden have ever recorded.
Last year at Ozzfest we got to see Maiden do nothing but "classics" from the first four albums. 2 years before that, Maiden gave us the Ed' til yer Dead tour, where they played songs from just about every great record they have ever done. I am truly looking forward to seeing something new out there.

Cheers!

Christian

Metallicat180 said:
I think they need to rethink it for ALL their fans. Of course there's the hardcore ones who've been to loads of shows but then there's also people who've never seen them and I know if that show had been my first Maiden show I would have been so disappointed not to hear The Trooper, Run To The Hills, Number Of The Beast etc. You're not going to please everyone (the people on the IMBB are about 50/50 on whether this set is good or not) but I think a set like previous tours would be better. Five or six from the new album and then some oldies and as I said before, mix it up with some of the rarer classics instead of the bog standard ones.

You can bet your boots Maiden WILL NOT change the set now. I agree with what they're doing. As I've said on the Maiden board:

The set list may look like a disappointment but really, really, when you get there it will be fantastic! Why do people always forget about how Maiden sound so very different live? Look at 'Revelations' ffs!

And:

If you wanna go hear the classics, then go and see a good tribute! (I know there's one round here somewhere...)

IMO Maiden aren't up their own arse for doing AMOLAD back to front. But they certainly woud be if they went round going 'greatest hits' sets year in, year out... They've been (maybe quite rightly) slated for putting out live DVDs with the same standards for years. Count how many copies you have of 'The Trooper' live...

I think it's safe to say that they won't be doing a set list like this again. I say enjoy it for what it is.

And thank Christ you hadn't paid to see St Anger front to back 3 times...

graham2493 said:
You can bet your boots Maiden WILL NOT change the set now. I agree with what they're doing. As I've said on the Maiden board:

The set list may look like a disappointment but really, really, when you get there it will be fantastic! Why do people always forget about how Maiden sound so very different live? Look at 'Revelations' ffs!

And:

If you wanna go hear the classics, then go and see a good tribute! (I know there's one round here somewhere...)

IMO Maiden aren't up their own arse for doing AMOLAD back to front. But they certainly woud be if they went round going 'greatest hits' sets year in, year out... They've been (maybe quite rightly) slated for putting out live DVDs with the same standards for years. Count how many copies you have of 'The Trooper' live...

I think it's safe to say that they won't be doing a set list like this again. I say enjoy it for what it is.

And thank Christ you hadn't paid to see St Anger front to back 3 times...

Hmmmm, I kinda agree, except that I would maybe add just 2 more classics and break them up with the new ones.

You could start witrh a classic, then 2 or 3 new ones, then a classic, another 3, classic, 2 new, encore of 2 new and finish on a classic. That IMO is the best thing they could do

I miss the trousers too, Jackie!

I rather like the new set list. FOD!!!! I love that song so much - it's one of my personal favorites to sing!

It makes me hope they are planning something big for the next retrospective tour, too. :)

the show on the 21st is gonna kick sooo much ass :headbang: looking at all the photos and reviews, it just gets me soooo wound up, and then today i get the e-mail from musictoday saying my tickets from maidens web site presale have shipped :kickass: way tooo cool. 2 weeks folks :kickass:

Yes i heard about the early days, that was the set they did last year at Ozzfest. Hopefully they will do another one of those.

Also where is there a good place to stay at down in Irvine. Because it looks like i'll be going down for the show.

peterp said:
Yes i heard about the early days, that was the set they did last year at Ozzfest. Hopefully they will do another one of those.

Also where is there a good place to stay at down in Irvine. Because it looks like i'll be going down for the show.

You can try the Irvine Marriott since its only about 10 minutes from John Wayne Airport.

I have mixed feelings about this set. While I like AMOLAD well enough, I am going to hear and see more than a few of the classics as well. Its a bit too top-heavy with the new album for my taste, but hell, not counting Ozzfest I haven't seen Maiden since 96.

I would love if they came out on tour to support the next DVD in the series. That would make me happy.

I always prefer when an act plays mostly it's new stuff. The guys are going to want to play that more anyhow. They will play those with more energy than a song they have done for 20+ years.

If it helps keep the band happy and more willing to play out, so be it. :kickass:

IM is kinda in the same position Rush is with a huge backlog of music to choose from. How do they decide what to play and still keep it enjoyable for themselves.

Jim

I thought I would be glad that the Trooper, Run to the Hills, Wrathchild etc wasn't on the set but I would rather hear those songs than most of the new album. I like the new album a lot but the crowd especially at Irvine is going get very very restless sitting through 10 straight new songs. I think it is a really rediculous move on the bands part. America is known for not really keeping up to date on Iron Maiden so why force a new record down the throats of 99 percent of the crowd that doesn't even own the record?? I am going with a few friends that I just told about the set list and they are really dissapointed it almost sucked the life out of them. They were really excited to go now are debating on selling off their tickets.

I could see announcing this months before and having a select hand full of CD release shows or something but the entire USA tour like this is stupid.

There are plenty of Classics they can play that they haven't in years. I am not even excited to see Fear of the Dark or Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden is not even a good song. Fear of the Dark is always in the set list. Oh well I guess there is always the Powerslave era tour thing they are talking about doing in a few years

The set list: I'm a little shocked they really did play the ENTIRE album. I expected maybe 7-8 of the songs with a small smattering of newer stuff.

Seeing the stage show made me want to hit the concert more than ever! Sad I can't afford transport/hotel/ and show.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I thought I would be glad that the Trooper, Run to the Hills, Wrathchild etc wasn't on the set but I would rather hear those songs than most of the new album. I like the new album a lot but the crowd especially at Irvine is going get very very restless sitting through 10 straight new songs. I think it is a really rediculous move on the bands part. America is known for not really keeping up to date on Iron Maiden so why force a new record down the throats of 99 percent of the crowd that doesn't even own the record?? I am going with a few friends that I just told about the set list and they are really dissapointed it almost sucked the life out of them. They were really excited to go now are debating on selling off their tickets.

I could see announcing this months before and having a select hand full of CD release shows or something but the entire USA tour like this is stupid.

There are plenty of Classics they can play that they haven't in years. I am not even excited to see Fear of the Dark or Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden is not even a good song. Fear of the Dark is always in the set list. Oh well I guess there is always the Powerslave era tour thing they are talking about doing in a few years

I totally agree with you. I don't care for Iron Maiden (the song) much either. I was very excited about seeing them but this has put on a dampner on it to be quite honest. There seems to be a huge disagreement between people about this setlist so maybe they'll drop some of the newer songs as the tour goes on.

Air Raid Siren said:
I miss the trousers too, Jackie!

I rather like the new set list. FOD!!!! I love that song so much - it's one of my personal favorites to sing!

It makes me hope they are planning something big for the next retrospective tour, too. :)

No your favorite HAS to be Pilgrim :) I'm just hoping to hear you sing it one day :)