Iron Maiden tour - setlist guessing game

Erik said:
i think it's "interesting", and i applaud them for having the artistic integrity to not give a fuck about what people think and do what they want

another way of looking at this is that it's one big advertising campaign for the new album

Erik said:
consider this

1. it is a well known fact that big-name artists make more money from concert tickets and merch than from cd sales
2. maiden would probably attract more people to the concerts if they chose to only play their classics (at least in america)

normally you'd be right but let's also consider this

1. maiden is without doubt a money making enterprise
2. i'll agree that tickets and merch bring in more money, but there's no doubt maiden like to keep CD's in market circulation, whether they be more live albums, utterly useless comps, or re-re-re-releases

I knew playing the whole album wouldn't be met with universal approval, but some of the opposition to it is getting ridiculous...please think twice before selling your tickets if it's crossed your mind! I do agree that it's unfair to first-time concertgoers or people who don't know they have a new album out (I remember seeing lots of blank faces on the BNW tour during the new songs), but I also think they have no obligation to give the fans what they want, at least in the most obvious crowd-pleasing way.

I guess it would make sense since that its a promotional tour for this album , and since they are a big enough band to be able to play long enough to play it through , that they would play the whole album that they are supporting.

LL%20303%20Thank%20You.gif

captainobvious.jpg