Iron Maiden tour - setlist guessing game

Here's a surprise for you. This was more than likely a one time deal though.

Blab said:
IRON MAIDEN performed its new album, "A Matter of Life and Death", in its entirety during the opening concert of the band's North American tour, which kicked off Wednesday night (October 4) in Hartford, Connecticut. The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Different World
02. These Colours Don't Run
03. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
04. Pilgrim
05. Longest Day
06. Out of the Shadows
07. Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
08. For the Greater Good of God
09. Lord of Light
10. Legacy
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
---------------------
13. 2 Minutes to Midnight
14. The Evil that Men Do
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

There's only a handful of shows on the tour - I seriously doubt they've rehearsed a bunch of different songs to swap in and out of the setlist. This is most likely the standard setlist with minimal, if any, variation.

Pretty damn interesting.

The Evil that Men Do - :worship:

Well, if this is the case, I have to see how Bruce tackles this material live. In the studio, he's pushing himself to the limit, so....I'm wary of certain tracks.

Necuratul said:
They better not play the whole fucking album when I see them.
As Dark One said, there's almost zero chance that they won't be playing the entire new disc at all of their tour stops. They may change which classics they play each night, but you can count on hearing the entire disc.

Zod

It's pretty disasterous if you ask me. Perhaps they should have 'warned' everyone that they were going to play the album in its entirety. I was debating over whether to see Maiden on this tour and if I had known this was the setlist, I probably would have waited until Early Days Part 2.

Gah.

Each time Iron Maiden put out more compilation albums and re-releases, they're playing the nostalgia card so it's hardly as if they're above criticism here

Likewise, every other tour is the same ol' same ol' setlist - they've gone from one extreme to another

btw, I'd be ok if they wanted to play powerslave or 7th son in its entirey because you know, those albums are 10/10. Why do we want to hear a 7/10 album in its entirety?

Erik said:
because if we dont we DONT BUY TICKETS

yeah a bit late now

maiden might have considered announcing they were playing this album in its entirety before putting tickets on sale

oh wait, maybe then it wouldn't sell out in 20 minutes

I have no problem whatsoever with Maiden doing the entire new album on this tour, they've already done the greatest hits tour thing and in a way this doesn't surprise me seeing how warmly it's been received and the band themselves are calling it one of their best ever and determined to prove they remain relevant. If they only did the ones we were predicting, someone would eventually say "Longest Day/Lord Of Light/etc. is way too good not to be played live!" Of course, Maiden's stubbornness in varying the setlist may work against them a bit more because of this. And it will make the obligatory live album even less justifiable than usual...

Don't get me wrong, it's good for Maiden that they're doing this, that much is obvious. But it's just not the show that I want to see, especially since I've never seen the band before. Maiden's not really even a band that I play particularly often either, to be honest.

Necuratul said:
Don't get me wrong, it's good for Maiden that they're doing this, that much is obvious. But it's just not the show that I want to see, especially since I've never seen the band before. Maiden's not really even a band that I play particularly often either, to be honest.

Perfect. I would have typed this had you not already.

A lot of crying in this thread.

Zod, yes, I've now seen the setlist, it's cool. And truth be told, I actually side with Erik here. This is a great move on their part, I'm MORE excited than before.

Like I need to hear "Run to the Hills," "Number of the Beast," "Wrathchild," "Trooper," et al again and again.

Maiden knows what they're doing. The next tour will have all sorts of deep cuts from the 2nd cluster of classic 4 albums (Powerslave through No Prayer), if anything, they reward their longtime fans doing things this way.

Necuratul said:

wonderful then, how about this? STAY THE FUCK HOME

you can just listen to "Live After Death" on your home computer while posting here about how gay it is for them to be playing the entire new album

MadeInNewJersey said:
Zod, yes, I've now seen the setlist, it's cool. And truth be told, I actually side with Erik here. This is a great move on their part, I'm MORE excited than before.
After I sent you and JK that e-mail, I thought you might be happy. I remembered how much you were praising it before D666. I'm more disappointed for my brothers, who have never seen Maiden. I'm also disappointed a bit, because judging by the reactions at the Hartford show, the energy level won't be as high as it typically is.

I think it's quite lame that they kept their setlist hidden. They knew if they announced this prior to putting tickets on sale, they wouldn't have sold as many tickets. Of the 11 US shows they're doing, at present, only 2 have sold out. So this notion that these shows would have sold out in 23 minutes, instead of 20, is just wrong. When the final gate is tallied, Maiden would have sold less tickets had they been honest with their fans.

Zod