The News Thread

Why should the historical nature of a state automatically allow for its resident's votes to have a higher value?

Swing states are the only important ones because they are the only ones that have the ability to elect either party. I'm not sure why you think Ohio isn't more important than NY or TX?

As for your question, it shouldnt be about urban areas having more or less pull. It should be about individual representation. It's unfortunate for rural areas that urban areas have a higher representation of the population, but it is what it is. No vote should count more than any other.

That's what the legislation wants, national popular vote to supercede state representation -- because blue states want to ensure winning.

Swing states are the only important ones because they are the only ones that have the ability to elect either party. I'm not sure why you think Ohio isn't more important than NY or TX?

In the current system of course. Im saying the idea of being a swing state is bullshit to begin with. The residents of Ohio are no more important than New Yorkers or Texans.

That's what the legislation wants, national popular vote to supercede state representation -- because blue states want to ensure winning.

But the real non-partisan question them becomes whether this would give them an unfair advantage, or if it allows for a more accurate representation of the US as a unit? The democratic party could fuck off for all I care, but I do feel like there is a legitimate point to fixing the system. Mentioning it the day after they lost the election is pathetic though, just google it and you will see how some of the liberal news outlets are in a fury.

Though honestly it isnt that big of a deal. We are United States, not United People, so I understand the idea of state representation. I have just always seen the idea of winning the popular vote but losing the election to be somewhat unfair.

Unfortunately, in a decade, possibly less, Texas might/will swing to blue due to all the anchor babies being able to vote. It's bullshit, but whatever.

Reactions: Dak
lol fuck no they'd be ecstatic if the opposite result happened. "LOL NO WHINING LAWS THE LAW LOLOLOL DIE BIGOTS - THANK OBAMA FOR THE ELECTORAL POWER TO RULE OUT FLYOVER FUCKERS HATE MOTHERFUCKERS"

I could say the same thing. "Would red states be wanting to change how all this works if they lost while winning the popular vote?"

"LOL YES DERK ER JERBS THANKS OBAMA MAH GUNS FUCKING LIBTARDS"

Reactions: Serjeant Grumbles